chapter 3

After Tae left the restaurant -

As Taehyung stormed out of the restaurant, Jungkook took a deep breath and refocused on his work. He couldn't afford to focus on the conflict because he had responsibilities to attend to.

After finishing his shift at the restaurant, Jungkook picked up his little sister, Ji-ah, from school. As they walked home, Ji-ah chatted excitedly about her day.

"Oppa, guess what? I got a star in my art class today!" Ji-ah said, her eyes shining with pride.

"That's amazing, Ji-ah! I'm so proud of you," Jungkook replied with a smile, ruffling her hair affectionately. "Let's put your star on the fridge when we get home."

Once they reached their small apartment, Jungkook helped Ji-ah settle in, making sure she had everything she needed. "Alright, Ji-ah, I'll be going to work soon. Make sure you finish your homework and get to bed on time, okay?"

"Okay, Oppa. Be safe," Ji-ah said, giving him a tight hug.

Jungkook quickly changed into his uniform for his night shift at the bar. He glanced at the clock, noting that he had just enough time to grab a quick bite before heading out.

As he was about to leave, Ji-ah called out, "Oppa, can we have breakfast together tomorrow?"

Jungkook turned and smiled warmly at her. "Of course, Ji-ah. I'll make your favorite pancakes. Now, get some sleep. Goodnight!"

"Goodnight, Oppa!" Ji-ah replied, her voice already sounding sleepy.

Jungkook closed the door gently behind him, taking a deep breath as he headed out for another long night. "Just a few more hours," he muttered to himself. "I can do this."

Jungkook arrived at the bar, quickly settling into his role behind the counter. He wiped down the bar, arranged the glasses, and made sure everything was ready for the night ahead. The familiar rhythm of his work helped him push the earlier events out of his mind.

Meanwhile, across town, Taehyung's friends Namjoon, J-Hope, and Suga were preparing to cheer him up. Namjoon dialed Taehyung's number, and the phone rang several times before Taehyung answered.

"Hey, Tae," Namjoon greeted. "We know you had a rough day. How about you join us at the bar? We're celebrating."

Taehyung sighed but couldn't help but feel a little better at the thought of his friends. "Alright, where are you guys?"

"We're at the usual spot," J-Hope chimed in from the background. "Come on, Tae, it'll be fun!"

"Alright, I'll be there soon," Taehyung replied, a small smile forming on his lips as he hung up.

He was happy that atleast there is someone who can lift up his mood.

Back at the bar, Jungkook was busy mixing drinks when the door swung open, and a lively group of customers entered. Among them were Namjoon, J-Hope, and Suga, followed closely by Taehyung.

As they approached the bar, Namjoon grinned at Jungkook. "Hey, man! We need something special tonight. It's a celebration."

Jungkook nodded, putting on a professional smile. "Sure thing. What can I get for you?"

Suga glanced at the menu and then looked at Jungkook. "We'll start with a round of your best cocktails."

As Jungkook served the drinks, he noticed Taehyung's gaze fixed on him, a flash of recognition causing Taehyung's boiling rage. Taehyung could no longer hold back.

 Taehyung could no longer hold back