Chapter 9

Taehyung stormed into his home, his mind a whirlwind of anger and frustration. The confrontation with Jungkook still replayed in his head, every harsh word and furious push fueling his rage. He barely noticed his surroundings as he marched through the halls, heading straight for his room, when his grandfather's voice stopped him in his tracks.

"Taehyung, come here for a moment," his grandfather called from the study.

Taehyung turned and walked into the room. His grandfather sat behind his large oak desk, the walls lined with shelves of books and family heirlooms. The older man's eyes, sharp and observant, studied Taehyung with a mix of curiosity and concern.

"I saw you outside," his grandfather began, his voice calm but probing. "You were fighting with a pretty boy. Is he your lover?"

Taehyung felt his cheeks flush with a mix of embarrassment and irritation. "No, Grandfather, he's not my lover," he replied, trying to keep his voice steady. "He's just... someone who gets under my skin."

His grandfather raised an eyebrow, clearly intrigued. "He seemed to evoke quite a strong reaction from you. It looked like there were deeper feelings involved."

Taehyung huffed, running a hand through his hair in exasperation. "It's complicated. He's a frustrating person who thinks he knows everything. We just... we don't get along."

His grandfather leaned back in his chair, a thoughtful expression on his face. "Sometimes, the people who evoke the strongest reactions in us are the ones who matter the most. Are you sure there's nothing more to it?"

Taehyung crossed his arms defensively, his mind racing. The idea that Jungkook, of all people, could be someone significant in his life was almost laughable. But deep down, a part of him wondered if there was some truth to his grandfather's words.

"Trust me, Grandfather, there's nothing between us," Taehyung insisted, though his voice lacked conviction. "He's just... annoying."

His grandfather nodded slowly, not entirely convinced. "Very well. But remember, Taehyung, life has a way of surprising us. Sometimes, the people we clash with the most are the ones who can teach us the most about ourselves."

Taehyung sighed, the weight of his grandfather's words settling over him. "I'll keep that in mind," he muttered, turning to leave.

As he walked away, Taehyung couldn't shake the lingering thoughts about Jungkook. His heart pounded with anger, and his thoughts were consumed with a mix of frustration and disbelief.

"How dare he," Taehyung muttered under his breath, his fists clenching and unclenching. "A poor boy like Jungkook talking about pride and saying no to me?"

He threw himself onto his bed and stared up at the ceiling, as if it held the answers to his problems. The image of Jungkook's defiant face flashed through his mind, stoking his irritation. Taehyung couldn't understand how someone with so little could have such unwavering pride.

"He has nothing," Taehyung continued, his voice rising with each word. "No money, no status, no power. And yet, he has the audacity to reject me?"

In the silence of his room, Taehyung's thoughts churned, a storm of emotions that refused to settle. His pride had been wounded, his authority questioned, and by someone who, in his eyes, had no right to stand up to him.

As the hours passed, Taehyung knew one thing for certain: he wouldn't let Jungkook get away with this. He would find a way to put Jungkook back in his place, to remind him of the power and influence he wielded as Kim Taehyung. And he would do it on his own terms. 

On the other side of town, Jungkook sat alone in his small, dimly lit room, tears streaming down his cheek. His heart felt like it was breaking apart, each sob tearing through him with a raw intensity he hadn't felt in a long time.

He had faced many hardships in his life, had endured countless insults and humiliations. But what Taehyung had done forcing him into a corner, mocking his pride felt different. It was a deeper wound, one that cut to the core of who he was.

 "Why does he have to be like this?" Jungkook whispered to himself, his voice choked with emotion. "Why does he have to make everything so hard?"

He hugged his knees to his chest, rocking back and forth as he cried

He hugged his knees to his chest, rocking back and forth as he cried. The memory of Taehyung's harsh words and cold eyes haunted him, replaying over and over in his mind.

"I can never forgive him," Jungkook admitted to the empty room. "No matter how much I want to, I can't get him out of my head."

The weight of Taehyung's power and privilege felt like a crushing burden. Jungkook had always known their worlds were different, but the reality of that divide had never felt so stark, so painful, as it did now.

"He thinks he can control everything, everyone," Jungkook muttered, wiping at his tear-streaked face. "But he can't control me. I won't let him."

As the night wore on, Jungkook's tears eventually subsided, leaving him feeling empty and drained. He knew he had to be strong, had to keep moving forward for the sake of his sister, Ji Ah. But the hurt Taehyung had inflicted would take a long time to heal, if it ever did.

"I'll find a way to get through this," Jungkook vowed quietly. "I have to."

In the silence of his room, with only the sound of his own breathing to keep him company, Jungkook clung to that promise. He had survived worse, he reminded himself. He would survive this too. But the thought of Taehyung, of their complicated and painful connection, would haunt him for a long time to come.

Short chapter , i know was just feeling like writing it !!!