Chapter 43

When Jungkook woke up, it was already evening. He blinked a few times, trying to orient himself. His body ached, and his mind was clouded with confusion and sorrow. As he slowly sat up, he noticed Taehyung beside the bed, asleep on the floor. There were tear stains on Taehyung's cheeks, evidence that he had been crying. Jungkook's heart tightened at the sight.

He couldn't understand how the same man who had saved him from Jackson could also be the one to try and force himself on him. The memory of Taehyung's rough hands and desperate kisses played in his mind, making him shudder. If he hadn't passed out, Taehyung might have gone too far, crossing a line that would make forgiveness impossible.

Jungkook's eyes filled with tears as he looked at Taehyung's sleeping form. His mind was a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. He wanted to hate Taehyung for what he had done, but seeing him so vulnerable and remorseful made it hard to hold onto that anger. Why was Taehyung like this? Why did he swing between moments of tenderness and cruelty?

Unable to bear the weight of his thoughts, Jungkook carefully slipped out of bed, trying not to wake Taehyung. He needed some space to think, to process everything that had happened. His legs were still shaky, but he managed to make his way to the bathroom. Once inside, he locked the door and leaned against it, letting out a shaky breath.

The reflection in the mirror showed a broken version of himself, eyes red from crying and a haunted look on his face. He splashed some cold water on his face, trying to clear his mind. He didn't want to believe that Taehyung, the man he had slowly started to open up to, was capable of such violence. But the evidence was there, etched into his skin and mind.

As he stood there, lost in thought, he remembered the way Taehyung had looked at him that morning, the way he had tenderly treated his wounds. It didn't make sense. Taehyung seemed genuinely remorseful, but how could he trust those emotions after what had happened? Jungkook's mind was a mess of confusion and pain.

Finally, he took a deep breath and stepped out of the bathroom. He needed answers, but he also needed to protect himself. He couldn't afford to be vulnerable around Taehyung, not until he understood what was going on. As he walked back into the bedroom, he saw Taehyung still asleep, looking almost peaceful despite the dried tears on his face.

Jungkook sat on the edge of the bed, watching Taehyung sleep. He felt a mix of pity and anger, not knowing which emotion to hold onto. He wanted to believe that Taehyung could change, that the man who had saved him was the real Taehyung. But for now, he needed to keep his guard up, to protect himself from further pain.

He sighed and looked out the window, the sun setting on another tumultuous day. The future was uncertain, and he didn't know what lay ahead. But one thing was clear: he couldn't let his guard down again. Not until he knew for sure where he stood with Taehyung, and whether he could ever forgive him for what he had done.

As Taehyung slowly woke up, he felt the stiffness in his neck and the dull ache in his head. Blinking his eyes open, he saw Jungkook sitting on the edge of the bed, staring out the window. Panic surged through him as the memories of the previous night flooded back. He scrambled to his feet, his heart pounding in his chest.

"Jungkook," he said, his voice trembling as he approached him. "Are you... are you alright?"

Jungkook turned to look at Taehyung, his expression guarded. The sight of Jungkook's tear-stained face and the haunted look in his eyes tore at Taehyung's heart. Without thinking, Taehyung wrapped his arms around Jungkook, pulling him into a tight embrace.

"I'm so sorry," Taehyung whispered, his voice breaking as he began to cry. "I didn't mean to hurt you. I don't know what came over me. Please, tell me you're okay."