Chapter 47

That night, after Jungkook had freshened up and stepped out of the bathroom, Taehyung was already waiting for him, looking unusually nervous. Taehyung's heart was pounding, his mind racing as he tried to gather his thoughts. He knew he had to say it, but the fear of rejection was almost paralyzing.

"Jungkook," Taehyung began, his voice trembling slightly. "I need to talk to you."

Jungkook looked at him with curiosity and a hint of concern. "What is it, Taehyung?"

Taehyung took a deep breath, trying to steady himself. "I know I've hurt you, and I know you probably see me as a devil, as your worst nightmare. And you have every right to feel that way. But there's something I need to say, and I don't know how to say it without sounding like a complete fool."

Jungkook stayed silent, his eyes fixed on Taehyung, urging him to continue.

"Before that incident," Taehyung continued, his voice faltering, "I was unaware of my feelings. I always thought so low of you, believed that poor people would do anything for money. I was blind to your pure heart. But after meeting you, spending time with you, everything started to change. I started to change."

He paused, taking another deep breath as he struggled to find the right words. "I don't know what you'll say, or if you'll ever be able to forgive me. But I can't bear the thought of you being with someone else. It tears me apart. I know I have no right to ask this, especially after everything I've done to you, but please, Jungkook, give me a chance. A chance to change, to be better, and maybe, a chance to love you."

Jungkook's eyes widened in shock, his mind reeling from Taehyung's confession. He had seen glimpses of change in Taehyung, moments where his harsh exterior seemed to crack, but he never expected this.

"Taehyung," Jungkook said softly, his voice laced with uncertainty. "Just because you love me doesn't mean I feel loved by you. You've hurt me deeply, and it's hard to just forget that."

"I know," Taehyung replied, his voice barely above a whisper. "I know I've caused you so much pain. But I'm willing to do anything to make it right. Just give me a chance to prove myself."

Jungkook looked into Taehyung's eyes, searching for sincerity and finding it there, raw and unguarded. He saw the fear of rejection, the hope for redemption, and something else—something that looked a lot like love.

"Taehyung, I know you're not what you show," Jungkook continued. "You are caring to your loved ones. But talking about our distance, I don't know if you will ever be able to erase the gap between us. You are Kim Taehyung, and I'm... I'm just Jungkook."

Taehyung's eyes filled with regret and determination. "I understand that, and I promise I won't let you down. I'll do whatever it takes to earn your trust and your love."

"Okay," Jungkook said finally, his voice soft but firm. "I'll give you a chance, Taehyung. But this won't be easy. You have a lot to make up for."

Taehyung nodded, relief flooding through him. "I understand, and I promise I won't let you down. I'll do whatever it takes to earn your trust and your love."

Jungkook offered a small, tentative smile. "Let's take it one step at a time."

Taehyung returned the smile, hope blooming in his chest. "One step at a time."

And in that moment, both of them felt a glimmer of hope for the future—a future that, despite the pain of the past, seemed a little brighter with the promise of love and redemption.

Taehyung's heart leaped with joy at Jungkook's tentative agreement. Without thinking, he pulled Jungkook into a tight hug, his emotions overflowing. "Thank you, Jungkook. Thank you for giving me a chance. I promise I'll make it up to you. I'll make you fall for me."