Chapter 31

In the afternoon, they got ready to head back home. Jungkook was feeling better, and as they reached home, the whole family welcomed them warmly.

Jungkook felt a sense of relief and joy as he showed everyone the gifts he had bought for them. He handed out each present with a smile, genuinely pleased to see the happiness on their faces. Tae stood a little apart, watching Jungkook with a mix of admiration and regret.

"Look, Jimin Hyung, I got this for you," Jungkook said, handing over the beautifully crafted scarf.

Jimin's eyes lit up. "Wow, Jungkook! This is amazing. Thank you so much!"

Jungkook smiled warmly. "I'm glad you like it."

Tae watched silently, feeling a pang of guilt. He had said harsh things to Jungkook, tried to push him away, and even tortured him in the past. Yet, here was Jungkook, showing genuine care and kindness to everyone, including Tae's family.

Tae's thoughts churned with regret. "How can he still care so much after everything I've done to him?" he wondered. It shocked him to see Jungkook's resilience and capacity for kindness despite the pain he had endured.

As the family continued to admire their gifts and share laughter, Tae found himself in a quiet corner, lost in his thoughts. He couldn't shake off the unease that had been growing inside him. Why did he feel this way? He was afraid to acknowledge the truth that had been creeping up on him—he might be falling for Jungkook.

"No," Tae thought to himself, shaking his head as if to clear it. "I can't fall for him. How can I fall for a poor guy like Jungkook, who doesn't even know a thing about himself?"

But the more he tried to dismiss his feelings, the stronger they seemed to become. Watching Jungkook interact with his family, seeing the genuine kindness and warmth in his eyes, Tae felt something stir within him. It wasn't just admiration or regret—it was something deeper, something he was reluctant to name.

As Jungkook handed another gift to one of the family members, Tae's heart clenched. The memory of his harsh words and actions came rushing back, making him feel ashamed. Yet, here was Jungkook, still caring, still giving, despite everything.

"Taehyung, are you okay?" Jungkook's voice broke through his thoughts, bringing him back to the present. Jungkook was looking at him with concern, his eyes reflecting the same kindness that had been there all along.

Tae forced a smile, nodding. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just... thinking."

Jungkook's gaze lingered on him for a moment before he turned back to the others, continuing to spread joy with his gifts. Tae's heart ached with confusion and a budding realization. He couldn't deny the connection he felt, but he also couldn't reconcile it with his preconceived notions about who he was supposed to be and how he viewed Jungkook.

As the evening wore on, Tae struggled with his emotions. He knew he needed to sort out his feelings

That night, Tae was lost in his thoughts, grappling with the confusing mix of emotions he felt for Jungkook. He couldn't deny the connection, yet he was afraid of what it might mean.

Jungkook, feeling the weight of the day's events and still cautious of Tae, tried to settle on the couch for the night. Just as he was about to lie down, Tae noticed and intervened.

"Jungkook, stop," Tae said firmly.

Jungkook looked up, surprised. "What is it, Taehyung?"

"You don't have to sleep on the couch," Tae insisted. "You should sleep on the bed from now on, You were sick and maybe you can be sick again so just sleep on the bed ."