Chapter 44

As the morning sunlight filtered through the curtains, Taehyung slowly blinked his eyes open. He felt warmth beside him and realized with a gentle start that Jungkook was sleeping peacefully in his arms. Jungkook's soft breaths brushed against Taehyung's chest, and Taehyung couldn't help but smile faintly.

His thoughts drifted back to the events of the previous weeks. Jungkook had entered his life unexpectedly, bringing with him a lightness and joy that Taehyung hadn't realized he was missing. At first, Taehyung had been uncertain about his feelings, unsure if what he felt was just admiration or something more.

His thoughts drifted back to what had happened. After Jackson's despicable act of drugging him, Taehyung had almost lost control. It was Jungkook who had brought him back home, caring for him despite their strained relationship. The depth of Jungkook's kindness struck Taehyung deeply.

Slowly, Jungkook stirred, his eyes fluttering open. When he saw Taehyung looking at him, his expression turned cautious. He gently moved away, sitting up and searching Taehyung's face with concern. "Are you okay?" Jungkook asked softly. "You were really angry yesterday at Jackson... because of what he did ."

Taehyung's expression hardened momentarily as he recalled the previous day. Jackson's harsh words and actions towards Jungkook had pushed Taehyung to his limit. He had been furious, not just because of Jackson's behavior, but because it had hurt someone he cared about so deeply.

"I'm sorry you had to see me like that," Taehyung said, his voice steady but filled with emotion. "I just couldn't stand seeing Jackson trying to hurt you that way. You didn't deserve any of it."

Jungkook's gaze softened, and he reached out to take Taehyung's hand. "Thank you for standing up for me," he said sincerely. "But I don't want you to get hurt because of me."

Taehyung squeezed Jungkook's hand reassuringly. "I'll always stand up for you, Jungkook. You're important to me......More than I realized until now." Taehyung whispered last words to himself.

A warmth spread through Jungkook's chest as he nodded, feeling a sense of security and affection that he hadn't felt in a long time. The bond between them had grown stronger, and he knew that whatever challenges lay ahead, they would face them together.

Taehyung asked softly, giving him a small smile. "How are you feeling? are you feeling any pain anywhere?"

Jungkook hesitated for a moment, then said, "I'm okay." He looked down, avoiding Taehyung's gaze.

Taehyung watched Jungkook with a mixture of hope and apprehension. He took a deep breath, gathering his thoughts before speaking. "Jungkook," he began quietly, "let's forget about what happened last night. I know it was a mess, but... maybe we can at least care about each other. We could try to be friends?"

Jungkook froze, his mind reeling with Taehyung's unexpected words. Was this the same Taehyung who had treated him with disdain, who had made him feel like nothing more than an obligation? Could they really move past everything that had happened between them?

He looked into Taehyung's eyes, searching for any hint of insincerity, but all he saw was genuine earnestness. Taehyung seemed sincere in his desire to mend their fractured relationship, to bridge the gap that had separated them for so long.

After a moment of silence, Jungkook nodded slowly. "Friends," he agreed quietly, his voice tinged with disbelief. "Okay, let's try that."

Taehyung's lips curved into a small, relieved smile. "Thank you, Jungkook," he said sincerely. "I know it won't be easy, but I'll do my best."

After their conversation, Taehyung tried to act normal around Jungkook, though he was still confused. Why had he told Jackson that he loved Jungkook? Could it be true? He thought about the vast differences between them. Jungkook was pure, innocent, and kind, whereas he was known for his ruthlessness. How could he fall for someone so different? Maybe it was just a statement made in the heat of the moment, driven by his rage and protective instincts.