Chapter 33

The morning sun streamed through the windows as Jungkook and Taehyung made their way to the breakfast area. The tension from the previous night lingered between them, unspoken but palpable. Neither of them brought up what had happened, both choosing to focus on the day ahead.

As they entered the dining room, they saw Jin and Namjoon sitting at the table. Namjoon looked particularly nervous, fidgeting with his fingers, while Jin seemed equally anxious but was trying to maintain a calm demeanor.

Jungkook and Taehyung exchanged a glance before taking their seats. Taehyung was dressed for the office, his expression unreadable, while Jungkook wore a casual outfit, his mind still clouded with thoughts from the night before.

Grandpa noticed the unusual atmosphere and decided to lighten the mood. "Good morning, everyone. Jin, Namjoon, is there something you'd like to share with us?" he asked looking at both of them.

Namjoon took a deep breath, glancing at Jin for support. Jin nodded encouragingly, and Namjoon finally spoke up. "Yes, there's something we want to share with all of you."

Mrs. Kim looked intrigued, setting down her cup of tea. "Go on, Namjoon."

Namjoon cleared his throat, his voice trembling slightly. "Jin and I... we've been seeing each other for a while now. We thought it was time to tell everyone , and .......actually..we...we...And we've decided that we want to get married." he said last line in one breath closing eyes.

The room fell silent for a moment, the weight of Namjoon's words hanging in the air. Taehyung raised an eyebrow, a smirk tugging at the corner of his lips. Before Namjoon could gauge their reaction, Grandpa broke into a wide grin.

"Thank god you finally took a decision!" Grandpa exclaimed. "We thought you two would just get old and keep staring at each other."

The tension evaporated in an instant, replaced by laughter and relieved smiles. Jungkook smiled, feeling a sense of warmth amidst the tension. "Congratulations, Jin hyung, Namjoon hyung," he said sincerely.

Mrs. Kim beamed with joy. "Oh, this is wonderful news! We're so happy for you both."

Jin and Namjoon visibly relaxed, the support from the family easing their nerves. "Thank you, everyone," Jin said, his voice filled with gratitude. "We were worried about how you might react."

"There's no need to worry," Grandpa said, his tone reassuring. "We're a family, and we support each other."

Taehyung, who had been observing quietly, finally spoke up. "I'm happy for you both," he said, his tone softer than usual. "But Namjoon, you better take good care of Hyung."

Namjoon nodded earnestly. "I will, Taehyung. I promise."

Jimin, always ready with a quick remark, chimed in. "Yeah, Jin. When I asked you , How's it going with Namjoon? Any progress? You always said we are taking things slow , but now you better explaning each and every detail to me how you finally end up like this!"

Jin blushed, rubbing the back of his neck. "It's just, We were taking things one step at a time , and want to make it official when we both are sure."

As the conversation continued, the atmosphere became lighter, the tension from the previous night fading away. Taehyung glanced at Jungkook, who was laughing along with Jimin and Mrs. Kim. Despite everything, there was something about Jungkook that made Taehyung feel a strange sense of comfort.

Jin, noticing Taehyung's gaze, decided to tease him a bit. "Caught you staring, Tae," he said with a grin. "Anything you want to share?"

Taehyung rolled his eyes but couldn't hide the slight blush creeping up his cheeks. "Shut up, Jin hyung. Focus on your own relationship."