(Hidden places) Nightmare x Cross

(No concerns just fluff!)

(This story was made from inspiration by the picture above by @GYYYY0614 on Twitter! Please give them all love👍👍♥️ also the picture is there so if you have a hard time imagining the environment it's there to help you👍👍"

Nightmare's POV:

I sighed as I heard my subordinates yelling and causing a racket. It was a migraine to hear them every singly day, screaming and yelling over something dumb. I swear they're still kids just in an adult body. I closed my book and stared at it for a second with tired eyes as I couldn't focus much, I wish I could tho.

3rd person/ no one's POV:

Nightmare slowly sat up from his half sitting half laying position and placed his hands on his bed as his legs just barely touched the ground. He looked down on the ground for a bit and decided he wanted to be in a more secluded space so he could at least focus more with the noise being died down. He stood up as he placed his book on his bed and stretched for a second. He was pretty tired but couldn't really do anything about that with the troublesome noises and they would probably barge in his room later, disturbing whatever he was doing. He looked up at the ceiling and looked to a corner and saw the little rope that was connected to a hatch. It was hard to spot the rope as Nightmare decorated the area enough to make it blend in. He picked up his book and walked over to the corner where it was and stared at the ceiling once again. He blinked lazily at it before grabbing a stool nearby and placed it under the spot so he could actually reach the rope. He got on top of the stool and pulled on the rope causing it to creak a little and slowly as he pulled it the small hatch would open. He stretched a little so he could place his book in the small room and pushed it a little bit further in with his fingers. Once he was able to do that, he gently hoped up and grabbed the side of the attic before struggling to pull himself up. It took a second for him to pull himself up in the attic but after a struggle he was finally able to get in. He was sitting on his knees as he grabbed the handle from the inside of the attic and closed it shut. It was a little cramped in the attic but Nightmare liked that. It was pitch black in the room before Nightmare lightly pulled a string on the top of the attic causing a small light to activate. Now, it was a soft orange dim in the room and it was enough light for Nightmare to do the stuff he needed perfectly fine. All the noises that he heard just a few minutes ago were now very faint and he sighed in relief as he finally had some peace and quiet. The room had a couple of pillows leaning on the wall and a small but thick denim colored blanket on the floor. He couldn't stand as the room was to short to really stand in but he was good with just kinda walking on his knees. He got to the small spot that was lightly decorated and leaned on the pillows as he stretched his legs out. The room was the perfect size for Nightmare and he loved every bit of it, especially how no one else knew about.

Nightmare's POV:

I sighed in relief as I finally was in my little secluded spot away from all the chaos. I'm glad that I found this attic awhile ago and was able to actually make it comfortable, not as comfortable as my bed but still it's very comfortable. I didn't know the time but last time I checked before I came in here it was about 10:34 PM. I was wondered why they actually stayed up being that loud in this time but they probably had some drinks and got drunk or something. I shifted a little in my spot and relaxed as I picked up my book and started reading from where I left off. It was a very interesting book and I now get to read it better without all the noise. I don't know how long I have been reading for, but for the time that has passed I've heard them go from screaming, quiet, loud talking, and now laughing. They probably definitely were drunk and I was glad to get away from them before they would come into my room and just mess with me. It wasn't long until I heard my door open... ugh

3rd person/ No ones POV:

Nightmare heard them come into his room and started hearing faint talking. "Niiightmaaaree~" he heard Killer call out his name in a slurred voice and rolled his eyes a little.