Chapter 1

Donghyuck – the heartthrob of NCT High school. Everyone liked him, every girl and boy swoon over him. He was also the teacher's favorite.

Donghyuck was kind, very sociable and with his petite waist for his body proportions and not to mention his beautiful warm tanned skin.

The browned hair latter plays the school basketball and was the captain too.

"Hey, Donghyuck~" The girls wailing at him.

He waved back entering the school fresh morning, clutching his book close to his chest.

He's the top of the grade, always ahead or fall behind by one. And his competition is none other than Mark Lee himself.

Mark is the emo goth kinda like in school, he doesn't talk much nor even look at other people.

Let's just say they were completely opposite.

Mark never spared glance at him, not that he was annoyed – he didn't care but Mark was getting the same attention he's been getting despite being the quiet one.

Even worst, his locker was next to Mark. He fiddled with the lock, turning it to open and when it was opened, letters went falling down but he quickly catches it.

Most of it were love letters, even more some were written by admirers and crushes.

"Hey, Donghyuck!"

It startled him when he turns, it was Jaemin and Jeno. The two boyfriends.

"Hi, guys..." he beams a smile.

"You heard about the school party they'll be hosting?" Jaemin said, clinging on Jeno's side.

"Yep, I heard it's going to be huge." Donghyuck respond, sliding his bag up his shoulder.

"Is it like prom night."

"No, just teen party. I guess?"

The couple was leaning against the lockers when suddenly they heard faint coughs behind them. They turned and quickly flinched away when they saw Mark.

He was so mysterious, wearing all black. His head lowered but his gaze hazily staring at them.

Jeno gulps in, he circles around Jaemin's shoulders, spinning him to walk away as they waved goodbye at Donghyuck.

Leaving him awkwardly closing his locker door.

"Sorry..." Donghyuck uttered.

But Mark didn't say anything. He pulls his hoodie up covering his head and bumps his locker door with his fist.

Donghyuck shrugged, moving away from his spot as he subtly rolled his eyes.

"Weird..." He said to himself.

⛓️‍💥

Class started, Donghyuck had always been in the front seating, it makes him better to keep focus and have good grades.

Donghyuck was seated next to Renjun – the school president, the latter was nice, and they had always exchanged idea during class project or assignments. Not too mentioned, they're close friends too.

Jeno and Jaemin happened to sit behind them, and they loved to tease their beloved president.

Donghyuck circle had always been in the center of attention. The high school jock, the president and the powerhouse couple.

"I really wished I could compete between you and Mark." Renjun said.

"I'm sure you'll able too."

Renjun wasn't to fall behind, he'll always end up in third place.