Chapter 50

What appear before him was absolutely looks like a dream, he blinks few times, rubbing his eyes harshly.

He even glared at him. Yes, him.

Mark Lee is in front of him, wearing normal shirt for once with his black trouser and head brushed back - or maybe that's not him.

Could be his evil twin or just one hell of a doppelgänger appeared out of nowhere.

But he calls you pretty boy, Donghyuck.

Donghyuck shakes his head rapidly, tears forming threatening to spill but he sucks it in.

"M-Mark?" The tanned muttered, his lips quivered as his whole body trembled.

"Yes, baby..."

The older takes a step closer but Donghyuck held his hand out motioning him to stop.

"W-wait, what the hell is going on?!"

"Let me explain..."

"No, this is so fucked up! You know what, explain. Everything. Now."

Mark took a deep breath; he tries to step closer again, but Donghyuck keep moving backward like he was scared as if he was seeing a ghost.

Maybe he is a ghost.

"I had to kill that persona, our organization was in a bit shamble, the authorities were on us, so we had to move out or let'a say hiding – temporary."

"Temporary as in faking your own death?!" He spats, glaring at the older with all fire ignites inside of him.

He had kept it for too long, too long that his heart is aching devastatingly.

"I had too, and we had to keep it a secret until everything is cool down..."

Donghyuck moves backwards until he hits the locker, he leans, his chin up in the ceiling sighing in disbelief.

"Baby..."

Mark hurried over him close enough that their chest only inches away. Donghyuck pushes Mark back with his palm, his head hanging low, tears dropping down to the floor, on their shoes to be exact.

"Do you know how hard it is to breathe knowing you're gone... where I almost thought it was forever? Do you know the guilt that I carried everyday? Why, just why didn't you tell me, at least give me a hint ... you know I would never tell anyone about this, about you!" His words echoed the hallways, thankfully none of the students around.

Just them.

"Donghyuck, I'm sorry... Do you think it was easy for me, keeping things away to protect you and my family? We couldn't, the police were on us. Your mother gave herself and told the details about us. Are you forgetting that I am in fact a criminal? The only way we could lose them was making my death convincing enough for them to step back and closed the case. I just got my heart transplant few weeks ago... I barely make it out alive, but they told me I have to be strong because of you. If I want to see you again, I have to be strong."

Mark literally mouthed fuck it and went closer to Donghyuck. Tears were forming in his eyes. The tanned was still shaking, shuddering with every step the older took closer at him.

"H-heart transplant..." He plants his hand on Mark's chest gently, stroking it down with his palm with the gentlest touch he'd ever did.

Their gazes met; he pulled back afraid the older might give him the sense of discomfort but there was none. It was something but it was burning, fiery, longing taste of love.