Chapter 33

Mark zipped their tent down slowly, just low enough not to alert any sound. They already been told not to leave the hall by any means.

Something must've messed up with his signal as he couldn't reach out to Jaehyun or Yuta.

He steps outside slowly with one leg out; he tilted his head from side to side before completely getting out from it.

The hall was dark and quiet. The sounds of branch and sticks crashing over the wind and crickets chirping to overwhelm the silence.

Mark saw the teachers were sleeping soundly on their soft mats, not even inside a tent since they were supposed to look after them.

As Mark was about to take another step further, Donghyuck halts him by grabbing his arm. Mark sharply turned, glaring at him.

"I told you to stay inside the tent." Mark whispered, he tried to push him back in.

But Donghyuck, being the stubborn he is. He won't budge.

"I can't just leave you, what if something happens?"

"That's why I'm calling my siblings out from their tents..."

"Please..." He pleads, pulling the older's arm closer to his chest.

Mark could've felt his frantic heartbeats.

"No, Donghyuck." His pitch was getting a bit higher, but he took a deep breath in.

"Okay... but do you know which tent they're in?" Donghyuck said it with a smirk.

Mark arched a brow, he lifts his eyes and saw piles of tents, randomly scattered. Almost 30 tents combining both genders.

He knows Winter on the girl's side, but he wouldn't dare opening it just to take a peek on their sides.

"Shit..." he murmured. "I assumed you know?"

"Let's find them together then?"

As much as Mark hated it, it will take him forever to find his siblings, it takes two to tango and they need to get the work done... fast.

They tiptoed their way through tents – trying to find Andy first, slightly zipping just enough to peek inside. While stealthily walking, Donghyuck accidentally steps on a cracker snack, some probably left it outside of the tent.

The sound snapping causing both of them to duck down and head lowered, they do not expect the entire students had fallen asleep but miraculously, no signs of them waking up as well, including the teachers.

"Careful, pretty boy..." Mark cracked his neck silently, turning his head with a glare.

"Sorry..."

Another stealth movement until they halt when noticed the hall double doors was slightly open and they both bend down again, hiding between the tents.

Mark titled his head just enough to see who had open the door.

As predicted, it was a masked man, wearing a bulletproof vest and a gun sling by his back, he's probably checking whether the students and teachers had fallen asleep or not.

Donghyuck covered his mouth, not even his breathing sound can betray him.

"This is going to take forever; you can't text your siblings?"

"No coverage, when it was before. They must've fucked up with the signal... on purpose..."

Mark scrunched deep enough until he shot his eyes opened. "Why didn't I think of it sooner..."