Chapter 28

It was recess, the gang obviously sat in circle at the same particular table.

"You'll be going to practice after school, Hyuck?" Jeno asked, tossing the chip inside his mouth.

"Yeah, I missed basketball."

The tanned's eyes scanned everywhere for Mark but he was nowhere to be seen.

Suddenly, the whole gang flinched when Winter drops her tray and sat next to Donghyuck with a huge smile on her face.

Andy rolled his eyes; he slides the empty chair beside his sister and took a sit next to Chenle.

"Hi, Donghyuck." She claimed happily.

Her eyes then wandered to the other boys who looks flabbergasted with her presence.

"Hi." She waved her tiny hand shyly.

"A-are you guys familiar with each other?"

Jaemin asked and that's what snapped her. They were supposed to act like strangers and eventually be friends. – not acting like they're already friends.

Her brother scoffed, looking away and not even dare staring at Chenle's reaction who can keep his head away from him.

"We ... uh... yeah hmm nice to meet you Donghyuck, can we be friends?" She nudged her brothers, gesturing him to go along with it.

"Y-yeah." Andy snorts.

"How do you know his name?" Jeno impede, squinting his eyes at both of them like they're some kind of a ...

Criminal.

"My bro- my cousin, Mark told me about him."

Winter announces it confidently with her chin up like she won a world championship or something.

"Wait, Mark did talk about him!?" Jaemin jumps out too excitedly.

"Why are you bedazzled by the fact Mark talked about Donghyuck?"

Now, Renjun barged into the conversation.

Oh my god....

They were talking back against one another and piled of voices built up making Donghyuck groaned, he shoved his face on his hands – rubbing it.

"Stop!" The tanned shouted making everyone momentarily froze.

He took a deep breath in and before he could say it, Andy cuts him off.

"Donghyuck is the popular kid in school. The whole class was talking about him. I mean we knew through mutuals, especially that one guy named Sungchan. He can't shut his mouth when it comes to you."

Andy pretends to shrug, glancing over his sister as her mouth dropped- she blinks.

Never thought a day Andy can be so.... smart.

Renjun fakes a cough, gathering everyone's attention.

"It's very rude for us to introduce ourselves this way. We love to make new friends. I'm Renjun by the way."

He flashed his smile, eyeing his friends to do the same thing.

"Jeno."

"I'm Jaemin."

Before Chenle could open his mouth. "And you're Chenle, I know." The youngest said nonchalantly making the latter shut his lips.

Donghyuck sighs deeply, waving his hands at them, playing along by introducing himself too.

He won't mind telling his friends that he's with Mark – not sure about their status though.

But if only Mark wasn't some dangerous hitman in disguise as a high school student would be an easier for him to tell them how deep of a crush he had.