Chapter 9

"Party is in 2 days!" Jaemin exclaimed happily.

The boys were at the cafeteria, sitting in circle like they used too. They were discussing about the senior party and how Renjun be looking the drowsiest, probably he's been lacking sleep, juggling both academic and this party settlement.

"Need coffee, Junnie?" Jeno asked, looking worried.

"Nah, I need sleep..."

The president placed his head down, tugging his arm above his head and pretending to sleep.

Jaemin who was by his side, gently caressed Renjun's hair, humming to random lullaby like he was a baby, the president lifts his head a bit just to glare at his friend's teasing.

Meanwhile, Donghyuck didn't pay much attention to them. His eyes were practically glued to Mark, like his usual sitting alone by far at the back of the cafeteria.

He was playing with his fingers, slightly jittery. Jeno glances at Jaemin, bops his head up asking his boyfriend what's gotten into Donghyuck.

Oh, Jaemin know what's going on but being the absolute good friend he was, he told Jeno he knows nothing as he shrugged.

Mark didn't even touch his food, he seems to show interest in the book that he was reading, much to Donghyuck's curiousness.

The tanned suddenly stood up from his chair and decided to head straight to Mark.

"D-Donghyuck?"

Jaemin tries to stop him, but he whacks his friend's hand away. Jeno quickly pulls his boyfriend, squinting one eye at him, Jaemin snickered a smile.

Donghyuck steps were quite fast, approaching Mark to make him talk with each other in public – like there's nothing to hide.

The tanned was getting rather tired, ever since the letter Mark had given him, they haven't uttered a word to each other, not publicly of course.

How the hell Donghyuck supposed to convinced him, if they're not talking?

Mark lifts his gaze and saw how Donghyuck was coming at him. Unaware, a male student had his back behind and not noticing Donghyuck was pacing near him.

"Ahh!" The student screamed.

Since Donghyuck bumped into him. The student was holding his food tray, having it spill all over as he is currently on the floor.

Everyone jaw dropped, especially the boyfriends. Renjun get his head up immediately, hearing the raucous sound.

"Oh my god! I am truly sorry!" Donghyuck helped the boy up.

His shirt got the food scattered over him, Donghyuck took the nearby hand towels, rubbing it off him.

"T-that's fine... I'm okay..." The boy halts Donghyuck's action from excessively trying to remove the stain off.

He holds the tanned hand, and having their eyes locked into each other.

Donghyuck gulps in. "I'm really sorry..." he felt so bad about it.

The boy stood up straight, Donghyuck jerked back realizing how tall this boy was. He eyes the latter up and down.

"I have extra change in my locker, no worries." He beams a smile.

Unknowingly, their hands were still on each other's grasp.

"Dude, you should've seen your-" Chenle came in and was about to laugh it off before he stunned, and he saw Donghyuck by the side.