Chapter 24

The tension of the room was so intense, and so scary. Donghyuck felt like he was going to get sick just by sitting in the same room with them.

"Whatever you're thinking. It's my fault entirely." Mark said steadily, still holding his face up with such pride.

Donghyuck turns his gaze towards the assumed 'father' of Mark. They don't even look alike, not even a bit.

In fact, this father of him looks young to fathered three children around his age.

"This is not what I called you for..." His voice coarse, clearing from the smoke he puffed.

"Then, is this because on why you let Winter and Andy enrolled in the same school? I thought we agreed on this."

So that what's been bothering Mark. His sibling happened to change school much to his dismay.

Maybe he didn't want it.

Donghyuck felt little, listening to the conversation like he was invincible. How this tall man looks exactly like a mafia lord whom he depicted on books, it shivers him just to see his bulk of muscles.

"I thought it'll be easier having your siblings with you so we can get this done fast. No one else will get hurt, son."

Mark's father darts his eyes at the tanned's direction, making his throat even drier than the desert. His stare penetrates his living soul.

"Why do I feel like you don't believe I can get this done all by myself." He quirks a brow.

"I know you could but since you got distraction, might as well just change the plan."

They were definitely talking about the drug thing in school and trying to find who's behind it.

The older's neck were pulsing, he gritted on his teeth fuming with what the old man was saying, and he looks like he was holding back from saying anything foul though.

"Donghyuck, right?" the voice vibrates, making the tanned nodded rapidly.

"We'll take care of your house; your mother is safe. My men have been watching her to ensure no one gets too close."

Donghyuck jerked back in surprise."D-does she know?"

"No, she's already on the flight."

"How about my neighbors?" He was so scared of asking more questions, not even dare to look directly at his darkened eyes.

The father let out a breathy chuckled, making the tanned slightly flinched. "Don't need to worry about that too..." He took a sipped on his whiskey.

"None of them know because it never happened in their core. We sedated the entire neighborhood, even the nearby police station. Your case is closed." He added, holding his glass up for a toast.

Who the fuck are them actually?

The tanned froze, doesn't know whether to thanked him or anything. Their work was clean despite the chaos happened.

And there's high possibility from him to get his core memories erased too.

He even explained the entire men chasing Mark down has been taken care of, they wouldn't be a bother for the time being.

And why wasn't it started before Donghyuck's house got wrecked? Is it because he was testing Mark's capabilities? Donghyuck felt agitated just thinking about it.

"I'll take my leave..." Mark stood up, pulling the tanned with him.

Donghyuck was bowing his head when Mark aggressively drags him out of the room, kicking the door before the server could open and headed out.