Chapter 49

Wake up, pretty boy.

Donghyuck flutters his eyes opened, slowly. He groans over the pain of his throbbing head. He felt his clammy hand mushed against his skin. Irritably he tries to open his eyes with the sight of abused sun rays through the window sheets.

He stared around only to discover he's not in his cozy room or even Mark's. The BP monitor next to him, he arms strapped in IV hanging by his side.

I'm at the hospital...

He was laying flat, he plops his elbows on his side, bringing himself to sit and lean back, almost immediately a hand caught and help him.

He turns and gasps to see his father standing next to him.

"D-dad?" He was so stunned that his mouth falls opened.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"W-what do you mean am I okay. Are you okay?"

He become so flustered that he had to check the surrounding once again. His dad dismissively raised his hands in hope to calm his son down.

"Calm down, son. It's over now..."

"What?" He frowned as he jerked back seeing his father beams him a weak smile. Not the answer he wanted.

"It's been a week, Donghyuck."

The tanned lets out a heavy breath, he leans back in disbelief. What he thought happened yesterday had passed a week.

A week of him truly knocked out, unconscious or in fact maybe he couldn't recall that he had woken up before considering his dad really calm expression.

"I've been awake before this?"

"Yes, son but..." His dad gulps in before continuing. "You weren't in your right mind, you were screaming and scratching yourself as if you've gotten a really terrible nightmare whenever your eyes shot open or when you were looking for .... Mark."

His heart ached, the suddenness and the chills shivering to his skin dread him.

"Dad, where is him?" Or how is him? Maybe it's true that he couldn't remember anything beside now.

"He's-"

The door barged opened with his friends panting really hard like they had run miles for him.

"Donghyuck!" Jaemin cries, widening his arms so he could hug him.

Jeno and Renjun follow suit with tears in their eyes. "We came here as soon as your dad said you're awake again." Jaemin muffled on his chest.

"Careful, Jaem. Don't crush him while he's still recovering." Renjun said, pulling him away.

That's right, Donghyuck could feel the stinging pain on his right side of his belly, he lifts his gown a bit to notice his whole torso being wrapped.

But he didn't care about that, his eyes fixated on his three friends, glistening with tears. He's so glad to see all of them safe in one piece.

"How are you guys? I'm so sorry about what-"

Renjun lifts his hand up, smiling at him he then came closer and rubs the back of his hand.

"Apologies accepted. And we promised not to talk about it anymore."

"Promised who?"

Donghyuck stared at the three of them, his head turns back and forth between them. Renjun only managed to gulp in while Jeno brought of the basket full of fruits inside.