Mistakes

I hesitate.

I look into his grey eyes.

All I see in that moment is the child I met all them years ago in the school yard. The friend I had all them years.

All I see is how this is my fault, He is like this because of me. What if he never met me? Would he still be like this. Would he of took any of the lives he has.

How can I take a life, wont that make me just as bad as him? What gives me the right to end his life when its my fault he is like this.

"Latoya" Nanami shouts "Just kill him"

"Come on Latoya" Geto says

"Do it" Gojo tells me

I hear them all screaming at me running over.

"Please" I cant, I cant do it.

"Latoya, You will come home"

I shut my eyes. I go to move the blade to his neck again feeling overwhelmed with all the screaming and pressure of my mistake but I am too late.

My blade is hit away by Akuji.

"shit I have no time" He mutters getting up.

I open my eyes in time to see him stab a blade through my Hand keeping my hand stuck to the ground.

I release I scream in pain when the blade cuts through my skin and bones blood rising around the knife where its entered, any movement making me feel like I will pass out.

"Latoya" I hear someone shout.

Akuji grabs me by the shoulders and stares into my eyes, I see the crazed look in his grey eyes.

"I will save you, I will fix you and I will take you home one day" 

I try and move, but I cant.

"No one can understand you, no one will love you the way I do" He grabs my chin pulling my face close to his.

His lips are on mine, he is kissing me. I keep my mouth shut. the pain of his nails digging in on my face is nothing to the blade in my hand. 

I am frozen, Latoya what are you doing, move, move now.

The taste of his blood is on my lips and before I can move away he is gone.

No I cant what have I done.

I rip the blade from my hand, I stand up but fall straight away. I touch my face and I am covered in blood that has come from my nose, eyes and ears.

"Why did you let him go?" I hear Gojo shout, his voice is cracking.

"Latoya what were you thinking" Geto grabs me

"I, I couldn't" I'm trembling.

"You couldn't? He is a murderer" Gojo yells his eyes wide with anger. His glasses long gone and I cam see the rage in the swirling blue eyes.

What, Why am I being shouted at for not being able to take a life? I know I made a mistake but why cant anyone understand. Its not easy to take a life away even one who deserves it.

"Get off me" I shove Geto away stumbling back.

"Latoya" Geto looks shocked.

"What were you thinking letting him get away" Nanami is angry.

My mouth is agape as I stand, I look around me to see everyone staring at me.

I look a mess, covers in blood and injury's. Wood splinters of all sizes all over my body. Blood dripping from my hand the blood loss making me dizzy.