Hallway

Spider-Man Narrating/Breaking the 4th Wall

Text/Writing
------------------------------------------------------------------

"Shoot them down!"

"Don't let them get through!"

"Aggh!"

"Call for backup!"

"Why are we so bad at this job?!"

"I don't know!"

The screams of the guards blurred with the miniature explosion coming from their guns. Matt ignored their pained confusion and panic as he weaved between the rain of bullets, ducķing down to uppercut one guard and throwing one of his clubs at the other.

The stick knocked him to the floor and ricocheted off the wall, hitting a third guard before returning to Daredevil's hand.

He continued his assault, knocking Fisk's security to the ground one by one.

He was heavily outnumbered and outgunned. He normally wouldn't risk such open assault unless he had to. Too likely for him to get overwhelmed or for a stray bullet or a projectile from a quirk to hit him at the worst possible moment.

This time, however, he had backup.

Burakumin was just slightly behind him, cutting through any stragglers he didn't take down or throwing her knives at those in front of him, thinning the herd. The devil was familiar with the smell of blood mixed with metal and the pained screams of the guards as they collapsed.

While Matt didn't like the use of such lethal weapons, he made sure to teach Himiko where and how to strike for maximum damage and minimum blood loss. Of course, the body armour, hidden or otherwise, on the guards made those areas scarce but the young vampire was handling herself well enough.

Behind him was the Naruhata duo. Koichi would glide on the floor and ceiling, firing his Shooty-Go-Blam-Blam-Blam, eliminating targets before they could become a threat.

"I really need to start carrying a proper weapon," PopStep grumbled, ducking behind a plant. So far she had spent this entire fight running around between covers, grabbing random objects and throwing them at the guards first.

Long hallways weren't her environment. They would have to remedy that somehow.

Toga turned to look in her direction while jamming her knife into one of the thug's hands, "You want a knife?"

"No! I might stab my other eye put with one of those things!" Pop screamed.

Matt laughed as he crushed the beak of some poor man with a bird-based quirk, pigeon if he had to guess, "Don't worry, PopStep. Fisk's office has more open space than a school gym. You'll have plenty of room to hop around in there."

"You better be right," Pop grumbled, as she quickly leapt towards a statue closer to the fight, "Because I'm feeling pretty useless right now."

Some reinforcements appeared from the doors behind the pink-haired idol but before they could do anything, the Crawler zoomed in their direction and knocked each everyone off their feet, some of their guns firing off into the ceiling. Matt and Koichi hoped that no one got hurt.

Koichi glided over to his partner and seamlessly got into a crouch. A faint blue glow surrounded his body, a barrier against any bullets or quirks that got lucky. Kazuho watched as a few bullets that would have otherwise shaved his skin and clothes bounced off.

"You're not useless, Pop." he stated firmly but also with the same gentle kindness that he spoke to everyone with, "You have always been by my side for over five years, helping me to become a better hero every day."