Chasing The Prowler

Spider-Man Narrating/Breaking the 4th Wall

Text/Writing
------------------------------------------------------------------

'If my younger self asked me if I was a hero in the future, I probably wouldn't be able to answer.'

Those thoughts circled the mind of Koichi Haimawari as he fired another blast in Kazuho's direction, which she dodged.

They were training, confined to the abandoned gym that now served as their home. Daredevil wanted to limit their presence in the public, at least until the attack on Fisk Tower. So they filled their time training and learning about their teammates.

Their brief forced retirement after the Naruhata Lockdown had left them somewhat rusty and Matt wanted to fix that. This exercise was meant to help improve Koichi's accuracy and get him more attuned to actually attacking in a fight. Kazuho was getting reacquainted with her quirk and working on her ability to predict and avoid her enemy's attacks.

They were both dressed in dressed in their respective gym clothes. For Kazuho, it was a cute pink tracksuit that matched her hair. For Koichi, it was an old All Might hoodie and grey pants.

The pair were metaphorically running circles around each other, with Pop hopping around as if she were in a bouncy castle and Koichi sliding around while still standing. He was proud of this ability. People would finally stop comparing him to a cockroach.

That joy and pride deflated the moment Toga said that his sliding on two legs was creepier than on four, even going as far as calling him a vampire.

Coming from her, that hurt.

"Weren't you sniping like hundreds of bees like it was no problem before?" Kazuho asked as she leapt out of the way of yet another Shooty-Go-Bast.

Without hesitation, Koichi answered, "None of them were you."

That comment immediately took Kazuho off guard. Her face became red and it had nothing to do with her being tired. She lost focus mid-air, and an SGB hit her directly across her face.

She flew across the air very ungracefully and ended up crashing into a pile of punching bags.

"Pop!" Kochi exclaimed. He dropped onto all fours and zoomed to the pile where the former idol lay.

In under a second, he was by her side and was helping her back to her feet.

"Pop, are you okay? I am so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you like that."

Koichi offered her his hand which she accepted. He lifted her up and helped her dust off as she assured him, "I'm fine, Koichi. Just... don't say stuff like that in the middle of the fight."

Koichi was about to apologize again only for a gruff voice to interrupt them, "If you're going to let some nice words distract you like that then I think you're the one at fault here."

The voice was one they had not heard in years and one they vaguely remembered. Nonetheless, it was here now and accompanied by grunts of struggle and heavy footsteps.

The duo turned to the gym's main entrance, unsure if they should be expecting a fight.

"Already ready for a fight, eh? I'm happy to see that your instincts are still intact." the man said, his crutches breaking through the darkness first before he revealed himself.

The duo's eyes widened, as they came face to face with the old man who had brought them into this mess in the very beginning. The guy who they haven't seen in years but owed practically everything to.

"Master?" Koichi asked, unsure if what he was seeing was true.

It's been so long since he had last seen his mentor, but he still remembered him vividly.