Server Struggle

Spider-Man Narrating/Breaking the 4th Wall

Text/Writing
------------------------------------------------------------------
Fisk Tower was currently in a... peculiar position. Across most of the building, it was business as usual, both the legitimate and the shady kind. There was also a charity ball currently going on, one which Mr Fisk had recently had to leave due to a... situation that he had been alerted to. The situation? A group of vigilantes charging through his security.

In the dimly lit server room, a handful of floors below the vigilantes, two guards watched the chaos unfold on a giant screen. Multiple cameras dotted the hallway from various angles, showing the massacre from multiple angles.

"This is crazy. I'm pretty sure that guy had some kind of durability quirk and Daredevil took him down in just a second."

"Should we help?"

"Do you have a death wish? No! Those clowns are heading straight for the boss' office. If we stay here, we can avoid getting hospitalised with multiple concussions and half a dozen stab wounds. If anyone asks, we were following orders and protecting the server room. Nobody will reprimand us for that."

"That's fair, I guess."

"..."

"Isn't that the crazy chick that some of the guys had to spar with?"

"Oh yeah, I was wondering why she looked so familiar. I guess she switched sides or something. The Devil probably has a high supply of blood stashed in his lair or something. Heard it's a kink that she has. Something to do with her quirk."

"Damn, that's crazy."

"...Any idea why they're heading for the boss' office?"

"How am I supposed to know? Apparently, the blood chick was a top assassin or something. The boss probably has a hidden safe with a hit list of something that guys like us don't know about, you know. Evidence and stuff like that."

"If they're after evidence, then wouldn't it be better if they just came here?"

"I don't know. These costumed types aren't exactly known for thinking like a normal person."

"Maybe they're raiding Fisk's office as a distraction while Spider-Man sneaks his way in here."

"Hmm, that's not a bad theory, new guy."

"New guy? Isn't it supposed to be just the two of us here?"

The two guards froze, a scary realisation creeping into their heads. Very slowly, they turned their heads away from the giant screen, praying to whatever god was out there that this wasn't what they that it was.

God didn't answer.

Spider-Man was right there, hanging upside down on a line of his infamous webbing, very clearly smiling behind that mask of his.

Before they could say anything, before they could even think of lifting their guns and shooting the pest, Spider-Man placed a hand on the side of each of their heads and brought their skulls together. Both brains rattled against the inner walls of their respective barriers, instantly knocking out the two guards.

Spidey smirked and with a light chuckle, flipped himself onto the floor. "Goodnight, assholes. Hope you don't get fired for sleeping on the job."

Taking a moment to listen to his senses and making sure that the room was clear, Peter rushed over to the massive computer in front of him. He looked at the screen and smiled as he watched his friends beat down Fisk's men.

"Great work, guys."

He began typing away on one of the keyboards and brought up the footage from more cameras from across the building, including where the gala was being held. Spidey watched as dozens of guards converged on the vigilantes from multiple different angles, the panic caused by the intensity of the situation slowly spreading through the building. Meanwhile, the guests at the gala were still oblivious, happily partying away in the most boring way possible like rich people tend to do.