A Day in Transit

Reno's POV

The sleek black car rolled to a stop, and I stepped out onto the pavement, the crisp morning air hitting me like a welcome punch. 

My gaze swept over the familiar surroundings of our affluent neighborhood as I made my way toward the imposing gates of Fernwood School. Memories of last night's party flashed through my mind, particularly the image of Selene in that stunning dress burned into my consciousness.

"Yo, Reno, you look like you're in a trance," my buddy Kyle said, nudging me with his elbow as we walked towards the school gates.

I shook my head, trying to shake off the lingering effects of last night.

 "Just thinking about the party," I replied, a grin spreading across my face at the memory.

Jake laughed, clapping me on the back. "Damn, that party was lit," he said, his eyes lighting up with excitement.

I nodded in agreement, a smirk playing at the corners of my lips.

 "Yeah, it was definitely one for the books," I replied, my mind drifting back to the scene of Selene laughing and dancing.

As we made our way through the crowded halls of Fernwood , whispers and gossip followed in our wake. I caught snippets of conversation as we passed groups of students, their voices tinged with excitement and intrigue.

"Did you see how Reno was looking at Selene last night?"

"I heard they were all over each other on the dance floor."

I rolled my eyes at the gossip, but couldn't suppress the surge of pride that swelled in my chest at the mention of Selene's name. There was something about her, something that drew me to her like a moth to a flame.

Lost in thought, I barely noticed the passage of time as we made our way through the halls. The familiar sights and sounds of school faded into the background as my mind wandered back to the party, to the electrifying energy of the night.

But amidst the chaos of the school day, there was a sense of peace that washed over me whenever I was with Selene. With her by my side, the world seemed to fall into place, each moment more precious than the last.

As the final bell rang and the school day drew to a close, I found myself reluctant to part ways with my friends. But as we said our goodbyes and went our separate ways, I couldn't shake the feeling that this was only the beginning of something incredible.

"See you guys later," I called out, a smile playing at the corners of my lips as I headed towards home.

 As I walked, thoughts of Selene danced through my mind, a reminder of the connection we shared and the promise of what lay ahead.