(XVIII)

🎧 Heather ★ Conan Gray

It had been a couple of days since Seungmin and Hyeongjun had last spoken to each other. Locked eyes with each other. The latter was doing everything in his power to avoid Seungmin. After all, in his mind, if Seungmin was happily in a relationship with Jungsu then he shouldn't interfere. He had been coming to school much later than usual, he would arrive just a minute before class would officially start. So, Seungmin being on the opposite side of the class, they couldn't talk.

Seungmin didn't understand this sudden shift in behaviour. He believed that he had done something wrong. Something to upset the younger boy. And it hurt him a lot as he just wanted to talk to him.

To Hyeongjun, it always made sense that Seungmin and Jungsu would end up together. The chemistry they had was something many people would only dream to have. Plus, in his opinion, Jungsu was much more attractive to him.

Although he would never admit it, it did make his heart sink when he would see Seungmin alone in the classroom with the bottle of juice in his hand. Knowing that he should be there, talking, exchanging and interacting with him.

They hadn't talked in so long that Hyeongjun, despite not being much of an observer, noticed Seungmin's longing gaze anytime Jungsu would be near him. Either walking in front of him, or just talking.

Hyeongjun was starting to fall into a dark hole known as loneliness. Not only was he avoiding Seungmin but he was also ignoring Jungsu. It was harder to ignore the elder boy as he was often next to him. But he just stayed silent, something he had been doing for years.

It was just another Tuesday, Hyeongjun was alone at the cafeteria, in a quiet corner. Until three people joined him, he was about to stand up as he thought it was the two that he was desperately trying to forget.

Although strongly associated with them, it was indeed not Jungsu and Seungmin.

"Boo!" Jiseok exclaimed with a huge smile, holding on to a boy's hand, the one he worked on the project with. None other than Lee Jooyeon.

"We noticed you've been alone for like, a week" The eldest of the three spoke up while sitting next to Hyeongjun. It surprised him, he wasn't used to being around so many people. It felt weird, yet there was a warm and fuzzy feeling in his heart.

"So we joined you!" Gunil continued while pushing away some unidentifiable part of his meal. Hyeongjun chuckled after noticing his behaviour.

"Aw, you didn't have to" Hyeongjun said without much emotion in his voice. He was alright on his own. But seeing Jiseok and Jooyeon talk to each other while smiling made him realise that he slightly missed talking to Seungmin.

"Right, ignore them" Hyeongjun took a couple of seconds to understand what Gunil was saying, as he wasn't ready for the elder to be speaking in english, so his brain didn't have enough time to process. Next time, he'll have enough time.

"It's good, they're happy, even if they ignore the whole world" Hyeongjun suddenly zoned out, his eyes fell on two boys, near the middle of the cafeteria.

It was Seungmin and Jungsu, obviously. The younger of the two was giving his friend the rest of the grapes from his tray. The two were laughing, as if they were alone. As if there wasn't the whole school that could see them.

"Jungsu's cute, isn't he?" Gunil muttered after realising that Hyeongjun wasn't paying attention to his talking. It was something that often happened, so he didn't care at all when someone would stop listening to him. He'd just continue talking, to the void. He really liked talking, even to himself.

"Ah, sadly he's straight" Gunil complained to Hyeongjun, it made the latter confused. As, based on what he had seen over the past few days, Jungsu seemed to be anything but straight.

"But he's dating Seungmin? Isn't he?" This statement/question caught the attention of the lovebirds, that seemed like they were almost about to kiss.

"Huh? Seungmin? Dating? But he's the biggest simp for H-" Jooyeon covered the older boy's mouth before he revealed Seungmin's huge secret. Luckily for them, Hyeongjun didn't hear the letter, so it was alright.

"I mean, just look at them" Hyeongjun continued looking in their direction, this time, Jungsu was running his hand through Seungmin's hair. It was definitely something strange to see.

"Seungmin and Jungsu? What happened to the we're just friends they were pushing for months?" Jiseok asked, angrily planting his fork on a piece of meat and ate it, still mad.

"What's wrong?" Hyeongjun asked, not understanding why Jiseok was reacting like that.

"Firstly, that pairing is like a circle peg in a square hole, it fits, but oddly, secondly, if Seungmin would've told anyone" Jiseok took a break as he was about to run out of air. And suffocating is not cute, even with Kwak Jiseok.

"It would've been Jungsu, but obviously, he can't tell him, so his next choice would've been me!" Jiseok pointed to him angrily. He accidentally hurt himself, which made him let out a small "ow". Jooyeon giggled before giving him a quick peck on the cheek.

"You're cute when you act stupid" Jiseok at first smiled but then gasped after understanding him.

"Stupid? You think I'm stupid" The two continued their bickering as Gunil sighed loudly. He was rather used to the two bickering, but obviously just in a friendly way. As he mostly befriended Jiseok and Jooyeon, along with Jungsu and Seungmin.

"Uh, class is straying soon, we should be going" Hyeongjun spoke up, to try and get his place in the loud group, full of extroverts.

This lunch time was an experience for him. Neither positive nor negative. Just an experience. His feelings were mixed about it, he wanted to experience something like that again soon.

-----

A/n

I finally wrote a chapter in one go! Yippee!!

-Jude out!

18.05.24