(XIX)

🎧 Consequences ★ Lovejoy

Tw for homophobia

For the next few days, Hyeongjun started hanging out with the three boys, Gunil, Jiseok and Jooyeon of course. Who else? He was still on a strict "no talking to Seungmin/Jungsu" regime. And being with them, part of something, a group, made him really happy, they felt like a fresh sip on a warm summer day.

So, of course, Hyeongjun immediately got concerned after seeing Gunil almost crying on the bench after school. The younger boy immediately ran up to him. He first analysed the situation but gave up after three seconds. He didn't know how to comfort, so rather just be impulsive than completely wrong after thinking.

"Did you get a 5 in math?" Hyeongjun asked insensitively, he wiped away Gunil's tears with his finger. Hearing that made the elder chuckle a bit before sighing.

"I wish, that could be fixable, unlike heartbreak" Hyeongjun gasped, what Gunil had said in the cafeteria- about Jungsu being cute- it made sense now. Well, if that was what he was thinking, maybe he was completely wrong.

"Is it Jungsu?" Hyeongjun asked without thinking of the consequences of this answer.

"Yeah, I've been watching ever since you mentioned that they might be together, and you might be right" Gunil had to dry his tears again, seems like this simple eavesdropping managed to affect more people than he would've thought.

"I think, if they're not dating yet, they might date soon, so I have to confess now, in case, I might regret otherwise" Gunil opened the notes app on his phone and showed Hyeongjun what he had written down. It was a text he was planning to send to Jungsu, he asked the younger boy if it was good enough.

"I'm not much of a romantic, but if you want it to have more depth, say it in person" Hyeongjun suggested, despite Gunil being quite extroverted, this scared him. But if he didn't confess to Jungsu now, he might never be able to.

"You're right" Gunil smiled at him, the tears that were on his face had dried, so were his eyes.

"Thanks Hyeongjun!" He smiled while walking away, skipping happily to find a solution to his problem.

--

"What's Gunil doing?" Jiseok asked while stuffing his books in his locker. Hyeongjun didn't hear him at first as he was trying to block out the note in his locker so the older boy had to ask him again.

"Confessing to Jungsu, you never know" Hyeongjun opened the note in his locker, right on top of his workbook. It was another attempt by Seungmin trying to talk to him.

Seungmin had placed multiple notes in his locker over the days, he sent multiple messages to Hyeongjun, just trying to talk to him. It hurt him quite a lot actually.

"Jiseok!" Jooyeon hugged his boyfriend from the back and quickly gave him a peck on the lips. For some reason, the two were so fearless of being judged. They'd act like all the other- hetero- couples at school. Except, of course, since it's two guys, people cared. Cared a whole lot. They'd pretend to gag every time they did some form of pda.

The two boys got a piece of paper thrown on them. But it fell to the floor, so Jiseok went down, breaking his link with Jooyeon to read what was on it. .

"Oh" Jiseok said disappointed after unfolding the paper. Jooyeon leaned over, to read over his shoulder. "Oh" He said the same thing, Hyeongjun, piqued by curiosity read it as well.

"Well, that's the second time we're called fags this week" This situation made them forget about Gunil and Jungsu until the heard the older boy talk.

"Jungsu, I know you might be in a relationship with Seungmin, but I just wanted to tell you that I really like you" Gunil started with his confession, he continued with a few unimportant details, but that wasn't what made Jungsu pay attention. It was the fact that he thought he was in a relationship with Seungmin.

"Me and Seungmin? Why'd you say that?" Jiseok, Jooyeon and Hyeongjun exchanged very confused glances. They didn't understand why Jungsu was saying that. It made no sense, Hyeongjun was almost a hundred percent convinced.

"Well, Hyeongjun..? He heard you" Gunil was now also confused, he wanted to know Jungsu's answer to what he had said. But the younger boy completely ignored his desire to know how he felt towards Gunil and simply started searching for Hyeongjun.

The pair locked eyes, and he left Gunil against the locker, too stunned to speak.

"Seungmin and me?" Jungsu asked, rather loudly, the younger boy shyly nodded. He didn't know what to say. He now felt really bad about it.

"Well, I overheard you, Seungmin asked you to ask your boyfriend if you were cute, and he then answered and said you were cute" Hyeongjun stammered while explaining, this situation was stressing him out as he didn't know how to react to that.

"Oh, that's cause I said we weren't dating yet, so I asked him what he thought' Hyeongjun's mouth was left open after hearing the explanation and simply nodded.

"I'm sorry" Hyeongjun looked at the floor, he now felt really bad for making such assumptions. Especially since he was a hundred percent convinced.

"Don't worry! I can now date Gunil! So it's all good!" Jungsu smiled at him and walked back before answering Gunil.

After learning this, Hyeongjun decided that he would have to see Seungmin as soon as possible to explain the misunderstanding. Hopefully they could continue right where they ended. Or just restart, as that was easier.

-----

A/n

Is that triple or quadruple update?? Idk

-Jude out!

18.05.24