Chapter 24 "Crappy Birthday"

It was the day Hannah and Brayden turned ten years old. Ashley was the first up, so she helped her parents decorate for the party that would be held that day.

"Hey princess, can you help daddy hang up this banner?" Adam looked back at her.

"Yeah yeah yeah!"

After she helped him, she hopped into his recliner.

"Excuse me missy, that's daddy's chair."

"No daddy, it my chair."

"No, it's daddy's chair."

"No, it my chair!"

Kim was laughing in the kitchen as she was cooking.

"Oh so you think this is funny?"

"Our four year old daughter claiming ownership of your chair? Yeah, that's pretty funny."

"No it's not. But you know what is funny?"

"And what's that?"

"This." He grabbed two baking sheets and headed down the hall.

"Adam, don't you dare!"

"Oh I'm gonna dare." He smirked

He lifted up the two baking sheets and started clanging them together.

"What the hell was that?!" Hannah yelled as she fell out of her bed. After she got up, she ran into the hallway.

"What was that?!" She repeated.

Adam sat in the hallway, laughing about how his method to wake them up had worked.

"Who did that?!" Brayden stomped into the hallway.

"Your father." Kim pointed.

"Not cool, daddy! I was sleeping!"

"Do you realize what day it is?"

"No, but is it a day where I can sleep in late?"

"It's yours and your sister's birthday."

"Which sister?" He said, trying to be a smartass.

"Both of them. Ashley's birthday is only two weeks away, so we figured why not have one big party? It made more sense."

"But MOM."

"But what?"

"That means only one cake and like, no presents!"

"There will be three of them and there will be lots of presents. Do you know how many people we invited?"

"Not really."

"We invited everyone from work, everyone from the firehouse, Will, April, all them."

"Nadia's coming, right?"

"Of course she is. She wouldn't miss it for the world."

"What about auntie Shay?"

"There is nothing that will keep her from this party."

"Good. So, what can we do?"

"Since it's your guys' birthday, you don't have to help set up or anything, but you should go get dressed and ready."

At the firehouse, Peter offered to make some of the food for the party. Mackenzie walked in with the biggest grin on her face.

"What are you so happy about?" Peter asked, looking up from the stove.

"Guess who just got her learners permit?"

"Who?"

"This girl!" She said, very excited like.