(XXIII)

🎧 Allegro Cantabile Nature

Jungsu went up to Seungmin once the bell rang, signalling that the day was over, and put his arm around his shoulder. "So you accidentally came out?" He asked casually. Seungmin nodded, he wasn't in the mood to talk about what had happened this morning.

"About our band, I think Gunil's the only drummer that will join it, I mean, with Jiseok, most people will be hesitant" Seungmin said, talking about Gunil successfully made Jungsu forget about the earlier question he asked.

"I'd be more than happy" Seungmin chuckled and nodded, he had already talked about it to Gunil, but that was back when Jungsu could not stand him at all.

"Grea- I'll maybe be back" Seungmin left him as he saw Hyeongjun. Jungsu faked gasped, as their conversation was cut short.

"Jun!" He called out and stopped the boy in the middle of the hallway. He then realised that it would block people, so he pushed the younger boy gently towards the row of lockers, on the opposite side.

"Do you want to come over, like right now?" He asked after building up courage for a couple of seconds. Hyeongjun smiled and nodded.

"Alright! Then let's go!" Seungmin stuck out his hand, he already knew that Hyeongjun would just hold on to his wrist. And that's exactly what happened, so Seungmin also held his wrist.

"You take the bus right?" Seungmin nodded and brought him over to the bus stop. Luckily, they didn't have to wait too long, so they immediately entered the bus, but there was only one seat left.

"You can sit, I'll stay up!" Seungmin smiled and let Hyeongjun sit. They didn't stop holding each other's wrists though. It was like they were unable to separate.

"You sure?" Hyeongjun asked as the bus started moving. Seungmin nodded, he took the boy's bag off his lap to hold it. He was surprised by this but thanked him.

The bus ride was rather quiet, luckily it wasn't too long, cause Seungmin wanted to continue to Hyeongjun but thought that he might be uncomfortable in public.

There were a couple of small stands, probably a market, in the middle of the park on the way home. Since they didn't have anything better to do, Seungmin and Hyeongjun decided to go.

Most stalls just had some fruits or vegetables, or some type of food. One was selling some custom pins.

"You'd paint whatever right?" Seungmin asked the sales person, Hyeongjun didn't understand anything that was happening, but continued holding on to his wrist.

"Then can you paint the gay flag?" Hyeongjun's eyes widened, if kids were cruel enough to make the type of comments they did towards Jiseok and Jooyeon, then he was nervous for what this adult could say, that was probably conservative, just like the majority of their country.

"The rainbow?" He asked, looking slightly disgusted, but Seungmin just ignored it.

"No, the blue one" Seungmin said, it would be finished in an hour, so after paying half the price, he gave his number so that he could know when it was done and he left.

"What are you gonna do with it?" Hyeongjun asked, once they were far enough.

"I'll put it on my shelf, the shelf that's purely me, you'll see once we're home!" Luckily, it was only a three minute walk.

"Before we talked, you always seem so... Superficial..?" Hyeongjun let out, just trying to detonate the silence that was starting to get awkward. It seemed like anytime they were together, things would get awkward. As if they weren't fully comfortable with each other.

"Did I?" Seungmin asked, not looking at Hyeongjun. The tone he used slightly scared Hyeongjun, he thought he had done something wrong.

"I mean, a popular, attractive guy that seems happy all the time? I refused to believe he actually existed" Hyeongjun explained, he almost fell over Seungmin since he suddenly stopped without a warning.

"That was the impression I gave off?" Seungmin asked while unlocking the door, he still had this intimidating tone.

"Well, I mean, sorta" Seungmin guided him up to the room, he could tell that Hyeongjun was getting uncomfortable with the conversation, so he wanted to find something new.

"Will you promise not to see me in a different way?" Seungmin asked while sitting down on the floor. He looked out of the window and noticed that it was starting to rain quite heavily.

"When you go home, I'll walk with you" Seungmin added before giving Hyeongjun enough time to answer.

"I'll see you as the Oh Seungmin I know, you liking guys won't change anything" Hyeongjun sat next to him, and again, their hands were slightly touching. Seungmin felt himself turn bright red. The older boy suddenly stood up, he helped his crush up.

"This is my shelf by the way!" It was a simple piece of wood kept up by two hinges (a/n: idk the words so use your imagination) it was filled by things that seemed both old and new.

On the far left, there was a simple rabbit plushie. "Lead me through the Oh Seungmin gallery" Hyeongjun said while looking at it.

"Ah- I'm not su- alright!" He quickly changed what he said cause he saw Hyeongjun pouting.

"This is my first teddy bear, that's the first picture of Jungsu and together, that's the worst grade I got so far" Seungmin pointed out, he skipped out some self explanatory stuff.

"This is when I met Jiseok" At a rather regular interval, there was the class photo. Hyeongjun could spot himself in most of them.

"This is this year" It seemed like this year was the fullest. It had a frame but without a picture, the grade of their drama project stuck on to the wall, a cactus and an empty juice bottle.

"The frame's for when Jungsu, Jiseok, Jooyeon, Gunil, you and I all hang out, I got a cactus from Jungsu at the very start of the year, and he wrote something on the pot, so that's why I keep it and the bottle is for when we started becoming friends" Seungmin explained most of them, again skipping the obvious ones that needed no explanation.

"Wow, that's nice, what about the second empty frame?" Hyeongjun asked, it was one on the opposite side.

"Oh, it's for when I get my first boyfriend, obviously, it was originally intended for a girlfriend" Seungmin muttered the last part as he didn't want to keep talking about his sexuality.

"Oh! I bought a new belt, but it doesn't suit me, can you try it? I think it'll look good on you" Seungmin went to his closet and grabbed the belt. He slowly put it around Hyeongjun's waist and proceeded to close it. He then looked up and turned bright red when making eye contact with him.

"I'm so sorry, you should've done it on your own" He quickly apologised after what he did. Hyeongjun laughed and looked at himself in the mirror.

"Oh it looks cool! You can definitely keep it!" Seungmin said while looking at him. Hyeongjun thanked him and then checked the time.

"Oh, sorry, I got to go! If you want, we can hang out tomorrow or over the weekend?" Hyeongjun said while grabbing his bag and went downstairs. Seungmin followed him. "Can I come with you?" He asked, already taking the umbrella, if he said no, he would still need an umbrella.

"Only if you want"

-----

A/n

Ayy this is the longer chapter so far! Thank you so much for 600+ reads!"

-Jude out!

20.05.24