Chapter Eight: Sophie

I know this may seem to short but I have written it quickly and I'm sorry if I'm taking longer to upload because I am working on another story and I am having a bit of a writers block with this one.

I would really appriaciate If you voted, comented or fanned. it would mean a lot. Pleasetell me how my story is going and if you have any ideas or preferences.

Thank you

Liz :)

**********

Chapter Eight

I woke up and the first thing I noticed was that I was in my room. Someone must have taken me from Miffy’s room to my room. I was lying on my black bed with my school uniform still on from yesterday.

I needed to see Miffy. I hope she's alright. I wonder where Claire is. I decided to go and see Miffy before school started. 

------------

I stood outside Miffy’s room and held my breath as I knocked on her door, expecting the worst.

No answer. That was weird; usually when I knock one of them would come charging out before I could blink an eye.

I knocked again, and again. No answer. I stepped back and placed my hand on the jelly scanner next to the door. I'd gotten used to the feeling of it and I'd even started to enjoy the rubbery feeling against my skin.

I waited the normal five second for it, though, it felt like much longer. Something wasn’t right and I could feel panic starting to rise in the pit of my stomach.

The panel flashed green and I push open the door. I rushed inside but stopped in my tracks when I looked at the room. I had never seen it like this, it looked so different.

It was clean and it looked new, like nobody had been living here. All of Miffy’s clothes were gone, there was no sign that she'd been here. There was just the basic furniture that is the same in each room. Where has she gone?

“Miffy. Are you here?” I yelled. No evidence that she had been anywhere near here.

As I was checking out the bathroom I heard movement from the main bedroom.

MIFFY, that must be her.

I raced out of the bathroom expecting to see Miffy standing there, I would demand what trick she had pulled on me but I was annoyed to see another girl holding a suitcase sitting on the bed.

She looked as surprised as me to see that I was in here and she immediately jumped off the bed to face me.

She had short brown hair cut into a cute pixie cut. She was pretty but she seemed very shy.

“What...what are you doing in my room?” the girl asked me.

“Your room? This is my friend’s room,” I said cautiously.

“No. I got assigned this room, see,” she looked down at a small piece of paper before passing it over to me.