Chapter Nine: A Glance of Anger

• Dedicated to Cailin Phillips-Thompson

Here is the updated version of the chapter. I'm sorry about uploading then deleting but this should be more edited then the last. I hope you all like it and I would love if you could comment.

I need some help with something:

1. Should I have shorter chapters and shorter upload times

or

2. Longer chapters with longer periods of time between each upload

PLease tell me which one, I really need some input.

Thanks Everyone

Vote, comment or Fan

Liz :) Thanks all who read

*************

Chapter Nine

We were late. We'd gone in the wrong direction so we'd to go in a huge circle. Sophie had informed me that we had science first and I was excited, I'd always wanted to learn about science.

I was first, so I pushed open the classroom door. Luckily the lesson hadn’t started, but students were already seated.

When I walked through the door all eyes fell on me. What are they staring at? Did I have something on my face?

It wasn’t until I moved to the side that I realised that everybody wasn’t looking at me they were looking at Sophie.

I could hear murmurs whispering around the classroom.

“What is the new girl doing with Ranger?” “The newbie could do so much better” “Did you hear that Miffy and Claire moved to the other side.”

I felt embarrassed and confused by some of the comments but before I could do anything I saw a swarm of girls run at me, they seemed to come out of nowhere and I was pushed as the girls stampeded past me.

There was movement all around and I tried to make my way out of the wave. Suddenly, as soon as it started I found myself standing at the front of the room all alone. I looked around wildly but I couldn’t see Sophie anywhere.

I scanned the class and spotted her in the middle of a group of girls. I noticed that all of the girls were part of Eloise’s ‘group’. Speak of the devil; I spotted Eloise talking to a very scared looking Sophie.

What just happened?

Sophie looked bewildered and confused. They must have pulled her over there.

I slowly walked over to their group to find out what they were doing with Sophie but as soon as I came within a metre of them, they all turned to glare at me in unison.

I faltered in my step; they all stared at me angrily. I have a feeling I’m not very welcome.

I looked up at Sophie, she gave me an expression which said ‘help me’ but I couldn’t do anything to help. Giving her a sorry look I slowly backed away.