Alone

Prince pulled the butler's body, looking in horror at the blood loss in his chest. Ivy created a small bubble, but it was able to damage him greatly. The butler's black suit was ruined by mud and blood. The ground was muddy from the rain and made Prince's shoes dirty along with the butler's pants. Prince had tears streaming down his face, struggling to pull the butler. His body was as heavy as an elephant, but Prince didn't give up. What happened earlier wasn't what Prince wanted. He felt ashamed for being so scared, and even more ashamed for believing that he could do this. He tried to kill Ivy, but it was harder than it looked for him. He had no idea if she was alive or not.

Now, he's crying like a baby, carrying a man who can't use his legs. "She's a tough one, isn't she?" The butler said, "I thought it was an easy kill. When did she get so strong?"

"I'm sorry!" Prince cried, "I can't bring you to the limousine, her friends are coming! I'm going to drag you home so you can heal and get your legs back!"

"Prince, you won't be able to—"

"Shut up! You know I can and I will!" Prince tried his best to carry him faster, but he tripped on a tree root and fell down a hill, rolling into a muddy puddle with the butler. The mud got on his face and clothes. "Disgusting!" Prince frustratingly snarled, crying even harder. The rain stopped.

Prince tried dragging the butler out of the mud. He was exhausted, but he tried to ignore that. He looked behind him to see another hill. He looked down at the butler. He gave up, dropping to his knees.

The butler stared at Prince's defeated face. The mud ruined his golden suit and his pretty face. The butler wiped the mud off of his face with his hand, "Prince," he paused for a few seconds, "You're a fine man. You aren't perfect, though. I'll admit that. You rarely open your eyes. You looked up to your father despite only having a few conversations with him. Most importantly of all, you always relied on others. You tried your best to not be alone. You've never let yourself grow. I blame myself for that. Maybe I should've helped you, but I didn't want to change a thing about us. I had a great time with you," the butler began to cry.

The butler wiped his tears with the hand that wiped the mud on Prince. "I was there for you," he started, "Ever since you were conceived. I played with you, became your best friend. We almost never left the mansion without one another. I always was confused with your fascination with your absent father."

The sun showed its face. The sun shined on Prince and the butler. The butler squinted his eyes as the sun got into them.

"I always believed I was more of a father than he ever was. I loved you, I cared for you."

"You can continue to do that! I'll run to the mansion and find someone to heal you!"

"Stop it. I don't mind dying here anyway. I lived a long life, happy to be there for you. You know, your eyes match your beautiful golden hair. I've only seen them a few times. Before I go, can I see them one last time?"

"Okay, but I will call someone to get you after this, so wait here!" Prince wailed, opening his eyes.

It's as what the butler said. Golden, glowing irises with a black pupil. The butler smiled as Prince ran up the hill as fast as possible, slipping from the mud multiple times. The butler laid in the mud. He smiled.

"He didn't even say goodbye," The butler sighed, closing his eyes, "I didn't expect that anyw—"

"Goodbye for now! I'll be back, I promise, I promise! I love you! You're going to be fine!" Prince shouted.

Prince didn't close his eyes, navigating through the woods, trying to figure out how to get back to the mansion on his own. He was lost. He didn't find the mansion that day. He tried to get on the road, but he forgot which direction it was from, unknowingly going deeper into the woods. He had to give up, walking into a small cave in defeat with mud all over his clothes and dried tears on his face. He slept inside the cave with bugs crawling on the ceiling and around him. He hated it. He hated it so much.