Salty Ocean Tears

On that day, when everyone was chatting, after Darius killed Arotz, Emma and Jane were sitting inside a cafe together.

Emma was sitting and frowning, staring at the brown table below her. Jane was sitting across from her, looking concerned. She set her parasol on the seat beside her, letting it sit against the wall.

"I found another," Emma murmured, "Her name is Jennifer."

"What a beautiful name," Jane said, "Is she nice?"

"She's amazing. She smells like flowers in a garden in heaven. Her smile makes my brain shut down and restart. I've never seen eyes so addicting before. I believe she sees the world in a beautiful lens through those emerald eyes. Her skin is soft like a cloud. Her laugh never leaves my mind, just like her face doesn't. It's immortalized in my mind."

"Wow, that's a lot," Jane smiled, "You're like a lovebird. You should ask her out on a date."

"We're dating already," Emma glanced at Jane, "But, things haven't been easy. I'm not too sure we can keep dating."

"Why? What happened?"

"We've been dating for two weeks, I've known her for 2 years, but after a while... it seems as though it's going cold. We were obsessed with each other for the first two weeks, after that, she felt more distant. She told me it's complicated."

"Oh, that's terrible. Maybe she just needs some space."

"I've given her space, but that hasn't fixed anything. She doesn't seem happy to be with me, is she guilty? Does she not like me anymore?"

"Oh, you sweetheart, I am positive that she loves you, but as she says, it's complicated. You have to ask her to tell you what's wrong so you two can learn to handle it."

"I've been doing that, though," Emma frowned.

"Then, you should tell her that if she isn't honest with you, the relationship shouldn't be a thing anymore. It could be doing more harm than good, Emma. Some relationships aren't meant to be, even when they seem like they are."

"Alright, I'm scared of doing that, but I'll try it."

"Good luck," Jane smiled back, "I'm happy to help with anything. I may not look like it, but I've gone through a divorce before. Love is a strange thing, sometimes it feels like a trial, sometimes it feels like an accomplishment and most times it feels wonderful. Love is blind for sure, we let our hearts guide our actions instead of our smart brain. You need a balance of that. Your mind and heart need to work together, just like you and her need to. Don't stumble into the wrong area because your heart told you so."

"I'll try not to," Emma said, "There's something else I didn't include. I'm at fault for some things."

"What did you do?"

"Sometimes, I'm a bit too harsh myself. I get too clingy, I love her, I just want to stay with her forever."

"That could be the answer to your problem. Too much of anything is bad."

"Right."

Emma looked out of the window with a straight face, seeing her sad reflection.

The explosion in the sky made Marcus reconsider his confidence for a moment. He stared at it with Bell.

"Cool!" Bell grinned.

Marcus frowned, looking at him, "Not cool, Arotz just died."

"A bot?"

"No, Arotz!"

"Marcus, look! He's flying away in a jet!"

Marcus looked up to see a fighter jet soar through the sky.

"And just like that, he's gone. Probably going to burn another forest down."

"Look at how many lives he lost, it's cool."

"He lost how many? Holy shit!"

"Yeah, he told me about it once because I was the only one who would listen. He loses 10,000 from doing that. I think he can't use his weapons for a while, I don't know for how long."

"Speaking of lives, how the hell did you not lose yours?"

"When you tried to drill my forehead with your chain, we both teleported at the same time. I was teleported at the footsteps of a hospital and they quickly put me inside."

"Why did the granny do that?"

"That granny, her name is Layla. I've never knew my grandparents, but she kinda felt like she was my grandma. Well, was."

"Was?"

"She was killed. I don't know who did it, I don't know why, but it hurt more than your chains. When I find whoever killed her, I WILL BEAT THEM INTO A PULP!"

"Could've been Darius."

"Darius isn't that heartless, she was so sweet!"