Chapter 1: Enter Shao Kahn

In the Outworld, there lay a palace. A palace that belonged to the emperor. Inside the palace, Shao Kahn, the emperor of Outworld, sat beside the window. He overlooked everything that he could see outside his window. The village down below the mountain. He could see the hard labor he was putting them through. He was enjoying their misery as they worked. He then heard a knock on the door.

"Enter." Shao Kahn said as he continued to stare at the window.

"My Lord." A soldier said when he walked in and kneeled before his emperor.

"What is it?" Shao Kahn asked.

"Shang Tsung is dead."

Shao Kahn blinked as he turned to face him. "How?"

He knew full well that Shang Tsung was one of the strongest sorcerers he had heard of. He too served him as his second commander.

"He was defeated by this Shaolin monk called Liu Kang and was given a death kiss by the Moon Princess called Serenity. She also had been reborn in another world given a second chance by the Elder Gods."

Shao Kahn narrowed his eyes. "I see. That fool Shang Tsung. He would have stood a chance defending those insects." He said, "What about Kitana? Has she returned to Outworld?"

"Unfortunately, she betrayed Outworld by protecting the Moon Princess after helping them defeat Shang Tsung."

His body stiffened when he never expected his so-called daughter had betray him and Outworld for helping them. Princess Kitana had served Outworld since he had taken her as his daughter after the death of his beloved wife Sindel. He didn't think the Shaolin monk and the Moon Princess would be able to defeat someone like Shang Tsung. He didn't expect that Kitana would already have comrades with the Earthrealm champions. But it made him curious as to why Kitana would join forces with a group of Earthrealm warriors.

"You may leave," Shao Kahn said.

"Yes, My Lord." Then the guard took off leaving. After that, Shao Kahn turned around and faced the window again.

"Perhaps I've underestimated you, Earthrealm warriors, especially you, Kitana," Shao Kahn said with an evil smirk.

Meanwhile, a young man who looked like Liu Kang watched over the emperor in his shadow. "Oh, no. I have got to stop them or else I'm too late for the future."