Chapter 25: Jade's Punishment

Meanwhile in the castle...

Shao Kahn slapped Jade across the face letting out his anger on her. Removing his cape, he continued to glare at her.

"It was not my fault! I did everything you ordered!" Jade argued.

"It was your job to lure them to an ambush if they escaped then you failed me!" Shao Kahn let out a roar in anger.

Jade backed away from him a bit. "Who could never have stopped them alone."

"Listen to her! She speaks the truth! We would have died trying!" Sindel said, taking Jade's side.

"You..." Shao Kahn glared at his wife after turning to face her. "You're already dead!"

Sindel fluttered and didn't say anything.

"And you!" He then grabbed her in the throat and walked towards Mistress Nine. "You will be slain by Mistress Nine."

"No, Your Highness! Anything but her!" Jade cried out.

"Mistress Nine!"

"Yes, Father?" Mistress Nine asked with an evil smirk.

"Punish her," Shao Kahn demanded.

"Of course, Father." Then Mistress Nine transformed into a monstrous and killed Jade by eating her alive in the process.

Sindel was standing there, watching Jade getting slain by her supposed daughter. She looked away uneasy.

"Sindel."

She turned to face him. "Yes, My King?"

"You will mount a defense around my newest temple but therefore aim at Raiden's last attack, especially the Sailor Guardians we must deal with." Shao Kahn said.

"You said Raiden was no longer to be feared," Sindel argued.

"I am to be feared!" Shao Kahn roared as his eyes glowed red.

That didn't scare Sindel that much.

"But you fail me now, I will have Mistress Nine feed your rotting corpse to the worms!" With that, Shao Kahn turned to walk away, leaving Sindel dismayed.