Chapter 6: Smoke

Liu Kang, Usagi, Minako, Kitana, Kung Lao, and Sae-Byeok continue to search for Nightwolf who they have been told knows how to defeat Shao Kahn.

On the way to meet up with Nightwolf, however, they are confronted by a cyborg similar to the one that attacked Sonya, Johnny, Makoto, and Jax, this one named Smoke, as well as more of Kahn's fighters.

Then one of the warriors approached them as Smoke noticed Kitana.

"Well if it is the traitor who befriended the Earthrealm warriors," Smoke said. "Shao Kahn will be disappointed in you and so is your mother Sindel."

Kitana glared at him. "I made a promise I would protect Usagi."

Then Smoke lashed out at Liu Kang before Kitana and Kung Lao began fighting the fighters.

Usagi, Minako, and Sae-Byeok immediately transformed into the Sailor Guardians with their transformation sticks and Usagi's brooch.

"Moon Cosmo Power! Makeup!" Usagi shouted.

"Venus Star Power! Makeup!" Minako shouted.

"Solar Eclipse Power! Makeup!" Sae-Byeok shouted.

After that, they transformed into the Sailor Guardians.

"I am the Pretty Guardian who fights for Love and justice!" Sailor Moon shouted.

"I am the Pretty Guardian who Fights for Love and Beauty!" Sailor Venus shouted.

"I am the Pretty Guardian Trainee who fights for Earthrealm and Justice!" Sailor Eclipse shouted.

"I am Sailor Moon!"

"I am Sailor Venus!"

"And I am Sailor Eclipse!"

"In the name of Moon, I'll punish you!" Sailor Moon said.

"In the name of Venus, I'll punish you with the power of love!" Sailor Venus said.

"In the name of Eclipse, I'll punish you with the power of Thunder and Fire!" Sailor Eclipse said.

It was then they began to battle. Sailor Eclipse went to help Kitana fight off the fighters. Sailor Venus does the same with Kung Lao.

Sailor Moon immediately teamed up with Liu Kang, to fight against Smoke. She unleashed her lightning bolt, striking Smoke down.

Kung Lao threw his Razor-Rimmed Hat at the fighters, killing them in the process. Sailor Venus threw her beads of chains at them, beating them down.

Kitana pulled out her fan of blades, taking the fighters down while Sailor Eclipse used her hand-to-hand combat beating them down.

Sailor Eclipse unleashed her power upon the fighters, shouting, "Firestorm Thunder!"

The fireballs landed on the fighters, knocking them out.

When Smoke became so weak, Sailor Moon used her last attack as she brought the Spiral Heart Moon Rod that was given by King Liu Kang, Sae-Byeok's father.

She shouted, "Moon Spiral Heart Attack!"

Eventually, Smoke was defeated until he delivered the last attack. Before he did, he suddenly was stopped by the familiar man with the magic ice. Liu Kang kicked Smoke away before he exploded.

After that, they faced the man who was none other than Sub-Zero.

"You again!? I thought Liu Kang killed you in the previous tournament!" Sailor Moon protested, didn't have time for this.

"Wrong. I am Kuai Liang, the new Grandmaster of Lin Kuei. The other Sub-Zero Liu Kang had defeated was my older brother."

Usagi blinked. "What!? You had an older brother!?"

He nodded. "His name is Bi-Han and he was once the Grandmaster of Lin Kuei. However, my brother was controlled and manipulated by the evil sorcerer."

"I'm sorry for what I did. I should have spared him." Liu Kang said, feeling guilty for not knowing Kuai Liang had an older brother.

"It wasn't your fault, Liu," Kung Lao said, walking up to him.

"What's the Lin Kuei?" Sailor Moon asked, confused.

"It is my clan. My home. The clan includes assassins such as the Elder Sub-Zero, my brother, me, Cyrax, Sektor, Smoke, and my student Frost."

"Intestering. But why Smoke? Why did he team up with Shao Kahn?" Sailor Venus asked.

He sighed. "He was captured and reprogrammed by Shao Kahn to kill any of you instead of him like my clan. I have no choice but to stop him. I never trusted Shao Kahn and neither was the evil wizard who took my brother away."

As a sign of good faith, Kuai Liang known as Sub-Zero aided the warriors further by forming an ice bridge over a large chasm, but before they could cross over, Scorpion appeared and attacked Sub-Zero.