Chapter 9: Bringing Shang Tsung Back To Life

"My Lord, I have brought the remains of Shang Tsung," Quan Chi said as he brought the bag of the skeleton that belonged to Shang Tsung's remains.

Shao Kahn was sitting on the throne beside his wife Sindel he frowned, narrowing his amber eyes.

"Good, now bring him back to life, Quan Chi," Shao Kahn demanded.

"Yes, My Lord." Then Quan Chi began the chant of Shang Tsung's resurrection.

The bones gathered around to put every piece. As the skeleton glowed brighter, the bones emerged into fresh skin and veins. Now becoming naked, his black hair grew longer immediately until his resurrection was completed. His eyes shot open, taking his first breath.

"The resurrection has been completed," Quan Chi said, grinning.

Shang Tsung slowly sat up and blinked his eyes a few times. He looked soulless. He slowly looked over and noticed Shao Kahn and Sindel. He looked over his shoulder left shoulder and saw Quan Chi was bringing the clothing cloak to him. After the offer, Shang Tsung put it on and then stood up slowly only staring at Quan Chi recognizable.

"Shang Tsung lives again," Sindel said, smirking.

"Good to see you, too, old friend," Quan Chi greeted him.

Then Shang Tsung slowly turned to face the King and Queen and showed them his emotionless look.

Shao Kahn faced him as he stood up from the throne. "So, Shang Tsung, how does it feel to lose everything? After you were defeated by Liu Kang and his blonde bitch?"

Then Shang Tsung remembered everything when his emotion came back to him, so he could feel it and remember everything. He remembered how he tricked Usagi into making a deal, stealing the throne, the Mortal Kombat tournament, and being defeated by Usagi's kiss of death and Liu Kang's power.

"He remembers," Quan Chi said after noticing his expression.

"If that's the case." Suddenly, Shao Kahn slapped Shang Tsung across the face, causing him to collapse dramatically.

Shang Tsung didn't mind being hit in the face. He was still feeling emotionless while being speechless. He held onto his right cheek where Shao Kahn had hit him. He slowly stood up and got a hold of himself getting back to normal.

"You failed me! Five hundred fives I have waited! Now I must wait five hundred more!" Shao Kahn said in anger.

He eventually speaks, "My Lord... All is not lost."

He let out a growl, glaring down at Shang Tsung. "Yet, you are a fool for taking over the Moon Kingdom. Now the girl was given a second chance by the Elder Gods, she would come lash out at you when she saw you alive. Not only do I know that an idiot like you deserves this. Now you are alive again, you shall serve me again. Don't think I would give you another chance of life."

"I know, My Lord, and I won't fail you again..." Shang Tsung said, gritting his teeth.

"Good, Shang Tsung," Shao Kahn said. "Oh, I have a request for you."

"And what would that be, My Lord?" Shang Tsung asked.

"Will you cure my daughter's sickness? She had been sick since she had resurrected from the dead." Shao Kahn said.

Shang Tsung bowed down to him. "I will do my best, My Lord."