Chapter 3: After The Battle

"We can't let Kahn get away with this!" Liu Kang said, facing Raiden.

"Otherwise, if we don't do something, we'll die!" Usagi said, standing beside her beloved.

Raiden shook his head. "This is not a fight. We can win here."

"Not anymore since we were forced to leave," Minako said as she stood beside her boyfriend Kung Lao.

"Now we'll have to rescue Jax since he was captured by the goons of Outworld," Makoto said, now feeling furious for Kidnapping her friend Jax.

Kitana then fell to her knees, feeling uneasy and sorrowful.

"Kitana!" Usagi came up to her and kneeled beside her.

"I can't believe it... My mother is alive... Yet, I never expected this to be gruesome when I saw her..." Kitana said.

Usagi felt the same way as she sat up and she gritted her teeth, remembering seeing Dark Endymion appear. "I never want to believe that as well. I can't believe Mamoru would become so evil after he teamed up with Shao Kahn. He isn't the real Mamoru I have known since I last saw him. What have I done to make him evil?"

Liu Kang came to her and comforted her. "You haven't done wrong, Usagi. He is the one who broke your heart. After all, he made a terrible choice by joining forces with Shao Kahn."

She then hugged him tightly, thanking him for comforting her. "Liu..."

"So what now, you guys?" Kung Lao asked.

Raiden sighed. "We split up, but we must our new allies in order to defeat Shao Kahn."

"Huh?" Sae-Byeok said, confused.

"Serenity, you go with Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Minako, Kitana, and Sae-Byeok to find Nightwolf. He'll tell you how to defeat Shao Kahn. Makoto, you go with Sonya and Johnny to help them rescue Jax. I'll go ask the Elder Gods." Raiden said.

Usagi tried to convince him by protesting, but she didn't think it would be an opportunity to bring him with them. After all, he is the God of Thunder and the supposed King of Moon Kingdom.

Raiden smiled at his daughter. "I'll be fine. Now go. We have seven days left."

Everyone nodded. It was then they immediately split up.