Chapter 2: Raiden vs Shao Kahn

Now let us all get back to where after the gang defeated Emperor Shang Tsung from Sae-Byeok's future timeline.

"The Earth was created in six days; so too shall it be destroyed; and on the seventh day, mankind will rest... in peace!" Shao Kahn announced.

It was the time after they defeated Emperor Shang Tsung, everyone was interrupted by the evil emperor Shao Kahn illegally opened a portal from Outworld to the Earthrealm and reclaimed his queen, Sindel, who was also Kitana's long-dead mother.

Kitana was shocked to see her mother alive. "M-Mother!? I thought you died!"

"What? Is that my aunt Sindel?" Usagi said, shocked.

Kitana nodded in response to her.

"Too bad, you... will die." Sindel said evilly, pointing at her.

"Now is that the way you talk to your daughter that way, Aunt Sindel?" Usagi scolded her.

Sindel just rolled her eyes.

"Oh, and Princess Serenity, I brought someone who wants to see you, my dear," Shao Kahn said, smirking.

Unexpectedly, a familiar man stepped forward and faced the group. This man is none other than Mamoru Chiba, but instead, it's Endymion as a prince.

Usagi was shocked as her sapphire eyes widened. "Mamoru!? What are you doing here and why are you teaming up with them!?"

"To have my revenge. After you left me for him, Shao Kahn offered me a new power I was given. So I teamed up with him." Mamoru said with an evil.

"You are the one who left me heartbroken, Mamo!" Usagi shouted, pointing at his face.

"Then you became Dark Endymion," Raiden said. "The darkness has corrupted you."

"What? Dark Endymion?" Usagi and Sae-Byeok said in confusion.

Raiden looked at them, saying, "An essence soon gathers again in Earthrealm, albeit corrupted and reformed into a darker variant of himself because of Shao Kahn's help."

"That's horrible!" Sae-Byeok said.

With the portal open, Earthrealm was in danger of being absorbed into Outworld within seven days, a fate that Liu Kang and the others must fight to prevent.

Then there was a fight between Raiden and Shao Kahn while the others had to watch.

Shao Kahn grabbed Sonya Blade and held her hostage to force Raiden into recognizing his claim on Earth, which Raiden returned by holding Kahn's generals hostage to force him to relinquish his control. 

Johnny Cage attempted to rescue her, only to be intercepted, but Kung Lao saved him from getting killed by Shao Kahn. However, he threw his Razor-Rimmed Hat at Shao Kahn, causing him to release Johnny. After that, Raiden and his friends were forced underground to regroup.

"Thanks for saving me, Kung Lao. If you didn't throw your razor hat at the emperor, I could have been killed." Johnny said, smiling at him.

"I'm glad I saved your life, Johnny," Kung Lao said, smiling.

"So what now?" Usagi asked.

"Guys. Where's Jax?" Makoto asked as she began to feel worried about him.

Raiden then realized. "They must have captured him."

"What!?" Makoto and Sonya shouted in shock.