Chapter 29: The Final Battle Begins

The final battle has begun.

Jax, Jake-Long, and Sailor Eclipse took on the Centaur Motaro.

Sonya, Johnny, and Sailor Jupiter fought the ninja Ermac.

Shang Tsung has to face Mistress Nine with the help of Sailor Pluto, Sailor Uranus, and Sailor Neptune.

Kitana squared off against Sindel with the help of Kung Lao, Sailor Venus, Sailor Mars, and Sailor Mercury.

Liu Kang and Sailor Moon faced Shao Kahn.

Things begin to look bleak for the Earth warriors. Shao Kahn and Sindel simply overwhelmed Liu Kang, Sailor Moon, and Kitana.

Motaro tore off one of Jax's cybernetic prosthetics, and Ermac double-teamed Sonya and Sailor Jupiter with his shadowy counterpart, Noob Saibot.

Suddenly, Jax rid himself of his prosthetics and gained the inner strength and confidence to beat Motaro naturally.

Sonya shouted out for help, so Sailor Jupiter and Jax took out the two ninjas while Johnny protected Sonya.

After taking them down, Sailor Jupiter and Jax looked at each other, smiling.

"Great job, Jupiter! We had a great time here." Jax said, grinning.

Sailor Jupiter blushed softly, smiling. "Thanks, Jax."

At the same time, when Shang Tsung blocked Mistress Nine's attack, he couldn't help but taint her playfully.

"You know what, Mistress Nine? I never even liked you since you're always Shao Kahn's favorite. Not even you're his kid." Shang Tsung said.

"You're right. I may be his favorite, but as his favorite servant as you were, Shang Tsung. Since you betrayed us." Mistress Nine said, smirking.

"I just getting started, Mistress Nine. I wanted to overthrow your father so I could rule Outworld. But I have to rid of you first." Then Shang Tsung gathered up his strength as he managed to beat down Mistress Nine with his power.

As he defeated, he was about to take her soul as he smirked at her evilly. "Your soul is mine."

Eventually, he defeated her as he took her soul until Hotaru was free. After that, he looked down at Hotaru, checking her out to make sure she was still alive.

"Shang Tsung, you did it! You defeated her!" Sailor Eclipse cried out in relief.

"Princess Hotaru?" He called out to her. She didn't respond. He realized she was unconscious after he defeated her.

"Is she dead?" Sailor Eclipse asked, worried.

"I do not know. If I have taken Mistress Nine's soul, Hotaru will be okay again." Shang Tsung said.

"Can you wake her up, sorcerer?" Sailor Eclipse asked.

As Shang Tsung tried to wake her up, her body didn't respond. He looked at Sailor Eclipse and shook his head.

"No..." Then Sailor Eclipse started to cry. "She can't be dead...!"

"It was probably Mistress Nine who has been Hotaru's vessel this whole time, Future Princess," Shang Tsung said.

"Bring her back! Please!" She pleaded with him.

He shook his head. "There is nothing I can do."

"Nooo! Hotaru!" She cried out as her tears streamed down her face.

At the same time, Kitana managed to fake out Sindel and subdued her.

Liu Kang managed to tap into his Animality as a dragon but he was barely able to hold his own against Shao Kahn's own Animality as a multi-headed hydra form. Sailor Moon transformed into a dragon as well to help Liu Kang.

Shao Kahn began to gloat and taunted Liu Kang, unwittingly making him angrier and releasing the Earth warrior enough to give him a second wind and gain the upper hand.

Suddenly, the three items began to glow brighter as they noticed it was leading to Hotaru's body. So was Sailor Moon's Holy Grail which was glowing, too.

"Couldn't be? Are we resurrecting...?" Sailor Uranus said in shock. Then the lights lead to Hotaru's body as the Three Talisman began to heal her. Sailor Eclipse and Shang Tsung were watching the scene as Hotaru's body began to glow brighter. Sailor Moon used her Legendary Silver Crystal to heal Hotaru.

Suddenly, when Hotaru was transformed, she eventually became Sailor Saturn.

Shang Tsung widens his eyes. "Impossible...!"

"Hotaru! You're...!" Sailor Eclipse tried to finish her sentence until Sailor Saturn responded to her.

"I am Sailor Saturn. I am an emissary from the abyss of Death. Defender of Ruin and Rebirth, I'm the sailor-suited Pretty Guardian." Sailor Saturn said.