Chapter 4: Michiru and Haruka

After splitting up, now Usagi teamed up with Liu Kang, Sae-Byeok, Kitana, Kung Lao, and Minako to find Nightwolf to survive over seven days.

"Man, I can't believe we had to split up," Usagi wailed.

"We have to, Usagi. We have seven days left until we face Shao Kahn. First, let's get something at the store before we continue our mission." Kitana said.

"Okay." Then the others went inside the store. When they got to the store, they were surprised to find that most of the jewelry was still there. Liu Kang and Kung Lao cautiously entered the shop, but no one was inside.

"You're not thinking what I'm thinking, right?" Kung Lao asked, looking at him.

"That's what you think what I'm planning to do," Liu Kang said.

He let out a chuckle. "I see now."

"Let's go inside and find something very special for Usagi," Liu Kang said.

The two Shaolin monks began looking through all the wedding rings. Liu Kang knew that Usagi wouldn't want something large or flashy, so he decided to get simple matching wedding bands.

After searching for a while, Kung Lao called his friend over, "What do you think of these?"

Liu Kang looked at the set, it was a silver ring with a beautiful diamond. They were simple but lovely. He looked at Kung Lao and smiled, "These are perfect."

Kung Lao let out a grin.

"Indeed, isn't it?" Suddenly, the two monks heard a female voice talking behind them. They turned around and saw a girl with the shortest blonde hair and blue eyes who looked like a boy.

"Can I help you?" Liu Kang asked, curiously.

"Forgive me for startling you both, but I couldn't help but react to this. I was also looking for the hand mirror for my girlfriend." The girl said.

"Sure. It's over there." Kung Lao said, pointing at where it was.

She smiled. "Thank you."

With that, she found a golden hand mirror and took it with her. She turned around and faced them.

"Before I leave, I want to ask you something."

"Yes?" Liu Kang asked.

"That ring. Are you planning to propose your date after the battle with Shao Kahn?" The girl asked.

He blinked. "After the battle? How did you know about this?"

She smiled. "Let's just say I'm your personal shadow and I have been watching over you and your girlfriend."

"Who are you?" Liu Kang wanted to know her name and who she was.

"I'm Haruka and I'm from Mugen Academy."

"I see. Well, Haruka, since you've been watching over us, why don't you join us to help us defeat Shao Kahn?" Kung Lao said.

"I'm afraid I cannot do that."

"Why not?" Liu Kang asked, confused.

"My girlfriend and I had a lot of things going on. So see ya." With that, Haruka took off leaving.

Liu Kang and Kung Lao looked at each other, confused.

"What is up with her lately?" Kung Lao asked, confused.

"It's really none of our business. We should head back to the girls." Liu Kang quickly jumped over the counter opened the case, and took the ring. He put them in a ring box and put them in his pocket. After that, he and Kung Lao left and joined the girls.

"What took you two so long?" Kitana asked.

"Nothing important. We should leave this store. It was probably someone who owned this store already left." Liu Kang said.

***

Usagi approached the arcade as she wanted to go there, but she accidentally bumped into the beautiful woman with green hair and blue eyes who was waiting outside.

"Oops, sorry! I didn't watch where I was going." Usagi said, rubbing the back of her head.

"It's fine. I was waiting for someone." The green-haired girl said.

"A date?" Usagi asked.

"How did you know?"

"I figured you were going on a date with someone. But it's none of my business. Forgive me for bothering you." Usagi said.

"You're fine. You don't bother me. I'm Michiru. What's your name?" She smiled at her.

"I'm Usagi Tsukino. It's nice to meet you, Michiru. You look look beautiful to me." Usagi said, smiling.

She blushed softly. "Why, thank you."

"So who is your date?" Usagi asked curiously.

When Michiru was about to say anything, they heard a voice calling out to her.

"Michiru, I brought something for you." The girl with the shortest blonde hair and blue eyes said as she approached her.

"For me?"

She nodded. She handed her a hand mirror and placed a kiss on her left cheek. "For you, my love."

"Aww, you two are adorable!" Usagi exclaimed excitedly.

"Oh! And who is this?" Haruka asked with a curious look.

"This is Usagi Tsukino. Usagi, this is my girlfriend Haruka."

"Nice to meet you, Haruka." Usagi shook her hand happily.

"Likewise, Usagi. What brings you here?"

"Well, it's a long story, but I was hanging out with my friends," Usagi said, rubbing the back of her head.

"I see. You look interesting by the look of your face. You also look like a dumpling." Haruka began to tease her.

Usagi began to blush heavily. "What!?"

"Yo! Usagi!" Suddenly, she saw Liu Kang and the others went looking for her until Kung Lao accidentally bumped into Michiru.

"Oops! Sorry!" Kung Lao said.

She dropped a hand mirror after being bumped by Kung Lao, Usagi went to pick it up for her, and she saw Usagi's reflection on its surface.

"Here you go," Usagi said.

"My, you have a lovely face, Usagi. You also must have been a princess in a previous life." Michiru said.

Usagi blinked in confusion. "What?"

Then Liu Kang noticed Haruka. "You again?"

"We should get going. And, Usagi, I hope we'll meet again and talk more." With that, Usagi watched them go and wondered about Haruka and Michiru.

Then Usagi looked at Liu Kang, confused. "You know Haruka?"

"We just met at the store today. Nothing happens." Liu Kang said.

Usagi hummed at this as she turned around and looked at the two lovers.