Chapter 8: The Mystery Girl

Meanwhile in Shao Kahn's castle...

A teenage girl was asleep in her bedroom until she was awoken by a dire nightmare that showed three figures holding three unidentified treasures. A female voice spoke, saying that doom was impending in the world.

***

Sae-Byeok awakened in a cold sweat. She sat up and found herself being locked in the cell. She then looked for Kitana, but she didn't see her.

Where have they hidden Kitana? Sae-Byeok asked herself in her thoughts. She gripped the bars of the cell, trying to figure out how to free herself. She even needs to find Kitana fast or else they'll hurt her. Suddenly, they heard the door open as she noticed it must be the jailer as she thought.

"So you are awake. That's good."

Sae-Byeok faced the creature with sharp teeth born with blades from his arms. It doesn't scare her. "Are you my jailer?"

"I am Baraka. Shao Kahn sent me to watch over you." Baraka said.

"Alright, Baraka, where is Kitana? What have they done to her?" Sae-Byeok demanded to know where her future aunt could be.

"She needed a talk with Shao Kahn," Baraka said

"By punishing her?" Sae-Byeok asked, worried.

"Unfortunately. If she hadn't betrayed the Kahn, she wouldn't have been punished." Baraka said.

"Baraka..." Then they heard a young girl cry out in pain. Baraka noticed as he turned around and saw a young girl with short black hair and violet eyes slowly coming towards him.

"Are you in pain again?" Baraka asked, walking up to the girl who almost collapsed.

"I need the Taioron Crystal... please..." The girl grunted in pain.

Baraka nodded as he went to get the Taioron Crystal for the girl.

Sae-Byeok felt bad for the girl, so she brought out her Silver Crystal and handed it to the girl, "Here, the Silver Crystal could help you heal the pain away."

The girl gave her a confused as she looked at the Silver Crystal. Then she took it and let the Silver Crystal heal her body. She felt relief as she never felt so warm and calm. She knew nothing but the pain and suffering she was in. Then Baraka appeared and saw what was going on. When the pain goes away, the girl feels much better.

The girl gave Sae-Byeok a warm smile. "Thank you... whoever you are. Your Silver Crygoesal helped me."

"I'm Sae-Byeok and you're welcome," Sae-Byeok said with a kind smile.

"What did you do?" Baraka asked, looking at her with a serious look.

"I healed her with the Legendary Silver Crystal," Sae-Byeok said.

"Hotaru, you should give this back to her," Baraka said.

Hotaru nodded. Then she gave it back to Sae-Byeok.

"Hotaru, huh? I like that name."

Hotaru blushed softly. "Thank you. And I like your name as well. It's beautiful."

Sae-Byeok smiled as she blushed. "Gosh, thanks."

"Hotaru!" Then she heard a male voice calling out to her. They turned around and faced the father who was none other than Shao Kahn.

"What have I told you not to go there for the sake of your condition? You could have died there." Shao Kahn said, not happy about Hotaru being around in the dungeon.

"I'm sorry, Father, but I just couldn't help myself. I needed Baraka's help to heal my condition." Hotaru said, bowing down to him.

"And what are you doing talking to the girl? You know that is forbidden to make friends with Earthrealm warriors." Shao Kahn scolded her.

She gave him a sad look. "I know, Father, and I'm sorry. I won't do it again."

"Come, Hotaru. You have a lot of exams to do with your condition. You also have studies to do." Shao Kahn said.

She nodded. "Yes, Father."

Then Hotaru gave Sae-Byeok an apology look before heading out there. When Hotaru left, Sae-Byeok became extremely confused at how Hotaru would make Shao Kahn's daughter.

"Shao Kahn is Hotaru's father? I don't get it. Hotaru was that nice all of a sudden until Shao Kahn appeared claiming to be her father." Sae-Byeok said, looking at Baraka.

"It's because Hotaru is the true heir to Kahn's throne. She too has the blood of the Kahn Family." Baraka said.

"Does that mean she's the real daughter of Shao Kahn?" She asked.

"And so was Sindel. She is the mother of Hotaru, which made Kitana Hotaru's older half-sister." Baraka said.

"Tell me, what condition was she suffer with?" She demanded to know what kind of sickness she had.

"Her condition is believed to be an illness. The more pain she is in, the more sickness she has, she will die. Without the Taioron Crystal, she will die." Baraka explained.

"Is there any way I could help her?" Sae-Byeok asked.

"There is nothing you could do. The doctors are trying their best they can to help her." Baraka said.

Sae-Byeok sighed in distress. "Now I had to worry about getting out of there."