Chapter 3: Will you dance with me?

The redhaired girl had been working so hard today. She began working at six in the morning, firstly in the café as barista and now in a restaurant as a waitress. Ellie is glad that she has these jobs to pay for college, but she was sad about leaving Gabby alone today. But Ellie needed to pay this month's rent. After a while Ellie's boss walked towards her and said, ''Hey, we are closing early today, I need to be home for something, you can go home now''. ''Oh, ok'', Ellie replied. Ellie walked out of the restaurant feeling exhausted, but she couldn't be more happy about going home, because then she would have time to spend with her gorgeous girlfriend.

Ellie was walking around the busy New York streets while jangling her keys. After a long walk Ellie finally arrived at the apartment building, she walked in and took the elevator to the second floor. In the halls it was very quiet, until Ellie said, ''Number 24'', out loud. She felt very embarrassed. Ellie took the keys to the apartment and opened the door. It was very quiet and warm, probably because Ellie thought that air conditioning was a waste of money.

There was no sign of Gabby in the living room. Ellie thought to herself, ''Maybe Gabby went to the grocery store?''. Ellie looked for a while for Gabby in their apartment until she heard noises coming from their shared bedroom. Ellie opened the door excitingly in hopes to see Gabby. While she was walking in she said, ''Hey, Gab---AAAH'', Ellie walked out feeling embarrassed, ''Shit I'm so sorry Gabs'', Ellie said while covering her eyes. Her cheeks were blushing out of embarrassment. After a while Gabby said, ''Sweetie you can come in now''.

Ellie came in seeing Gabby in a bra and some shorts, Gabby had put those on fast, but didn't have the time to put on a shirt yet. Gabby's hair was still wet from showering. ''I didn't realize you came home so soon'', Gabby said. ''Yeah, my boss let me off work early, because of some family business'', Ellie replied. ''How was work today, sweetie'', Gabby asked. ''Just like other days, I'm very exhausted'', Ellie said tiredly. Ellie got closer to Gabby and gave her a kiss on the cheek and said, ''I missed you, Gabs''. ''I missed you too'', Gabby replied and pulled Ellie in for a kiss. Gabby wrapped her arms around Ellie's neck and began kissing Ellie. Ellie wrapped one arm around Gabby's waist and the other arm was placed on the shoulder of Gabby, so Ellie could place her hand on Gabby's cheek.

After a while Ellie broke the kiss. ''Why did you stop, sweetie?'', Gabby asked. ''I'm a bit tired so I stopped'', Ellie replied and to make Gabby happy she hugged her tightly. Ellie looked over Gabby's shoulder to see a red dress laying beside her. Ellie looked confused and asked, ''Hey Gabs isn't that the dress I made for you a while ago?''. ''Yes it is!!'', Gabby said excitingly. ''I was going to put it on, but then you walked in'', Gabby said. ''You could still put it on'', Ellie said happily. Gabby went to the bathroom happily to go put on the dress. After a while Gabby came out of the bathroom wearing the red dress. ''It looks very nice on you, Gabs'', Ellie said. ''Aww thanks babe'', Gabby said while being flustered. ''Sweetie would you like to go to this vegan restaurant with me?'', Gabby asked. ''Of course Gabby'', I said. ''If you're going to the restaurant this nicely I need to go nicely too'', Ellie said while smirking. ''I'm going to find some nice clothing, I'll be back in a minute'', Ellie said.

Ellie went to their shared closet to pick up some clothing. It was a dark grey vest with a white button-up shirt underneath it and a turquoise tie. Ellie went to the bathroom to put on the clothing and after a while she came out of the bathroom she was wearing a nice suit. Ellie walked in the bedroom where Gabby was sitting. ''Is this nice enough Gabs?'', Ellie asked. Gabby looked at her beautiful girlfriend and said, ''It is amazing!! Let's go to the restaurant!!''.

Gabby and Ellie went out of the apartment on to the now heavily light streets. The streets were filled with a lot of colourful lights. It looked very different than in the day where the roads were always busy. They walked for a long time until Gabby shouted, ''Here it is!!''. Ellie smiled at her girlfriend seeing that she was so excited. Gabby grabbed Ellie's hand and dragged her into the restaurant. A waiter walked them to a table inside since it was very cold outside. They both ordered some food and some drinks later on. After a while they received their food, Gabby ordered something vegan and Ellie ordered also something vegan so Gabby wouldn't feel ostracized.

At some point of the night the restaurant was having some sort of party where people were dancing together. Ellie stood up and held out her hand and said, ''Will you dance with me?''. Gabby also stood up and took Ellie's hand and said, ''Of course I will, darling''. Ellie put her hands on Gabby's waist and Gabby put hers around Ellie's neck. They began slow dancing which then resulted in them almost dancing a tango. They choreographed so well with each other. After getting spun around quickly Gabby got dizzy and Ellie had noticed this and immediately stopped dancing. ''Gabs go on and sit down please'', Ellie asked caringly. Gabby went to sit down and said, ''Thanks babe, if I would have gone longer I would have puked''. ''It would be better if we just go home'', Ellie said while being concerned for Gabby. ''I'm going to pay now so that we can go home Gabs'', Ellie said. Ellie went over to the counter and paid for their meals and then went to Gabby to get out of the restaurant. Outside it was almost dark, but there were still a few lights on but not many.

After a while Gabby and Ellie finally came home. Ellie seated Gabby on the couch, she was still visible dizzy. ''Gabs, do you think it would be a good idea for you to sleep now?'', Ellie asked. Gabby looked exhaustingly and said, ''Yeah, are you going to sleep too then?''. ''Okay'', Ellie replied. They both went over to their bedroom and Gabby laid down on their bed and Ellie followed soon after. Ellie gave Gabby a kiss on the forehead before saying, ''Goodnight Gabs''. ''Goodnight to you too, sweetie''.

I used this foto as reference to the story (credits doctorblight)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

notes:

The long story I promised is finally here :D

I had a bit of writers block, but I still managed to finish this story.

I would love some requests for these one-shots, because I am lacking some inspiration and I want to write more. You could request things in comments and I will reply very fast.

At last the honourable mention: