Chapter 5: Happy anniversary!!

(This story takes place after all-stars)

Ellie woke up, it wasn't dark anymore, but it wasn't fully light yet. The curtains were still closed, but you could see some light peeking through the curtains. Ellie grabbed her phone from her night stand, she checked her calendar and then she noticed that today was their 4th anniversary. Ellie thought to herself, ''Shit, was it today, crap I got to find something to do with Gabby''. Ellie got up from the bed to try to find something to do with Gabby. ''Maybe we can go to the animal shelter or have a picnic'', Ellie thought. ''I can do both right?'', Ellie thought.

After a while Ellie finally decided to go have a picnic and after that go to the animal shelter to look at animals, since it was Gabby's favourite thing. But in order to do all those activities Gabby needed to wake up. Ellie went over to their shared bedroom to wake Gabby up. ''Gabs wake up'', Ellie said. Gabby slowly opened her eyes to see Ellie in front of her. Gabby looked confused at Ellie standing in front of her. ''Sweetie, why did you wake me up?'', Gabby asked. ''Happy anniversary, babe'', Ellie said while going over to Gabby to give her a kiss on the forehead. ''Happy anniversary to you too!!'', Gabby said excitingly. ''But you still did not answer my question Ellie'', Gabby said. ''Oh shoot, uhm I woke you up because were going on lots of fun activities today!'', Ellie said excitingly.

Suddenly Gabby stood up and jumped to hug Ellie. Ellie almost fell over, because she was shocked that Gabby almost jumped on top of her. ''I guess you are very excited'', Ellie said. ''I am!!'', Gabby said excitingly. Gabby went closer to Ellie to kiss her on the lips. Their lips connected, both of them were kissing each other passionately. Gabby broke the kiss and said, ''Thank you for this, I love you''. Ellie looked at Gabby and said, ''I love you too''. ''What are we going to do actually?'', Gabby asked. ''I'm keeping that a secret'', Ellie said. ''Ahw, I really wanted to know what we were doing today'', Gabby said sadly. ''I'm going to change clothing now, you should do the same'', Ellie said.

They both grabbed some clothing they wanted to wear to this date. After a while they both got dressed and they were both ready for the date. They went out of their apartment, Ellie led Gabby to the park that was close to the apartment building. In the park Ellie had seated on the blanket Ellie brought with them. ''This is the first activity, the picnic'', Ellie said excitingly. ''The first?'', Gabby asked confusingly. ''Let's have this picnic'', Ellie said while bringing out a box with lots of food. ''Yeah!!'', Gabby said excitingly.

Ellie had brought lots of food that Gabby and her liked, so mostly vegan stuff. Ellie looked up to the sky and said, ''It's really nice outside''. ''Yeah it is, so it's the perfect picnic ever'', Gabby said while giggling. ''After this I have something special planned so this day can be the best ever'', Ellie said. ''I'm really excited for what you have planned after this picnic'', Gabby said. They both finished the food and together they cleaned up after themselves. They both had a great time the food was good and also the weather was good. ''So where are we going next'', Gabby said with a huge smile.

After a long walk they finally arrived to their last destination: The animal shelter. They both walked towards the entrance. ''Baby, you brought me to the animal shelter!!'', Gabby said happily. ''Of course Gabs, I know that you like animals and stuff so I brought you here'', Ellie said while smiling. ''Let's go in the entrance'', Ellie said. They both walked in to the entrance to see many animals greeting them. Gabby walked up to most of the animals to give them pats, while Ellie looked at her beautiful girlfriend admiring how she cares about the animals.

After a while Gabby spotted a ginger cat and jokingly said, ''Ellie look at this cat he kind of looks like you''. Gabby burst out of laughter when she said that, Ellie was standing from a distance and was blushing out of embarrassment. ''Ellie can we please get him, he's so cute'', Gabby said while looking at Ellie with her famous puppy eyes. Ellie couldn't say no to the puppy eyes Gabby was giving. ''I don't know Gabby, maybe our landlord will kill us if we got a cat'', Ellie said. ''Maybe we can hide him from the landlord'', Gabby said trying to persuade Ellie in to adopting this cat. ''Alright then'', Ellie sighed. Gabby's eyes lit up and she jumped up and down out of excitement. ''We can call him Ellie jr.'', Gabby said excitingly. ''Maybe another name'', Ellie suggested. ''How about Whiskers?'', Gabby said. ''You want to name the cat after Mr. Whiskers?'', Ellie said. ''Yeah!!'', Gabby said excitingly. ''Fair enough'', Ellie said.

They both went to a worker to ask if they could adopt the cat. Gabby was excited to have a cat companion in the apartment, Ellie was happy as long Gabby was happy. After a while they finally finished the paperwork's and brought Whiskers in to the car to head home. While driving home Gabby suggested that they both head over to the pet shop to buy some essentials for Whiskers. So they did and after a while and after a lot of spending they finally got home with Whiskers. The silly cat was already enjoying the new environment. Gabby went over to Ellie, who was watching as the cat played. ''I love him already'', Gabby said. ''I know'', Ellie said.

Gabby went to play with Whiskers with his newly bought toys. Ellie looked at her girlfriend and their new cat and smiled, admiring them both. ''We are such a happy family'', Gabby said. Ellie chuckled about what Gabby said. ''I love you Gabs'', Ellie said. ''I love you too, Ellie''

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes: 

I'm finally back from a week long writers block, :)

Inspiration was from my friends to make this, :D

I'm planning right now to make an angst/fluff one-shot, but I would still like some requests to make.

I hope you enjoyed this story and also,

!!HAPPY PRIDE MONTH!!

honourable mention:

(foto credits: gabellieceo, Eden)