Chapter 7: I hope you're okay (angst part 2)

(Same warnings as chapter 1, but less graphic).

''I'm so sorry Ellie, this was all my fault'', Gabby cried out while she had tears in her eyes. Seeing Ellie all bruised and bandaged made Gabby feel really awful. What would've happen if Gabby didn't send Ellie out of the house? What could've been different than this? There were a lot of questions and regret filling Gabby's mind. Tom walked over to Gabby to lay his hand on Gabby's shoulder and said, ''I'm so sorry that this happened, Gabs''. ''It's not your fault Tom'', Gabby said while wiping away her tears.

''Tom I want you to tell me what happened to Ellie'', Gabby said. ''Well... I was on patrol when I got a call of a car crash near me, so I checked out the scene and called an ambulance'', Tom said. ''I didn't notice that it was Ellie until they took her inside the ambulance, so I called you as fast as lighting'', Tom said trying to cheer Gabby up. ''S-She got into a-a car a-accident?'', Gabby said while she dropped to her knees breaking down from what she just heard from Tom. The cheering up didn't work as Tom thought it would. Tom went to Gabby as she was sobbing on the floor to comfort her. ''Hey Gabs, it's okay, Ellie is okay, everything is going to be alright'', Tom said as he embraced Gabby and stroked her back to comfort her.

After a while Gabby finally calmed a bit down. You could see that Gabby had been crying for multiple hours. Tom had let go of Gabby soon after she calmed down. ''See it's going to be alright'', Tom said caringly. ''Is Ellie going to be alright?'', Gabby asked Tom. ''She is okay right now, but I don't know what doctors will say about this'', Tom said. Gabby walked towards the hospital bed where Ellie was laying on top of. One big screen that was the heart rate monitor and others that Gabby didn't know of. The heart rate monitor was beeping on a good way, Gabby knew that the beeping were a good sign. ''I hope that she will be alright'', Gabby said.

Later that day the doctors came into Ellie's hospital room to do some examinations on her. As that happened Gabby was sitting on a chair in the room seeing how the doctors examine Ellie. One doctor went over to where Gabby was sitting and had a conversation about Ellie and how she was doing. The doctors told Gabby that Ellie was unconscious, but they didn't know when she will wake up.

Almost a day later a familiar face entered the room and greeted Gabby. ''Hello Gabby, how have you been'', Tess said. ''Hey Tess, I'm good, how about you?'', Gabby said. ''I'm also good, but a little shocked about what happened with Ellie'', Tess said. Gabby looked sad, because of the mention of Ellie now that she isn't with her to comfort her. ''Are you alright Gabby, you look really sad?'', Tess said genuinely worried about Gabby. ''It has been very hard for me at times, I still blame myself sometimes about this'', Gabby said sadly. ''You shouldn't blame yourself, it wasn't your fault Gabby'', Tess said. Tess looked at the clock that was above the door and said, ''Ah shoot, I have got to go to Ally and Hunter'', Tess said. ''Okay have fun!'', Gabby said waving to Tess as she left the hospital.

After a couple of days Gabby was still in the hospital waiting for Ellie to wake up, but it has been so long that Gabby started to lose hope. It was very quiet in the hospital, but you could only hear the heart rate monitor in the room. Until some noises that Gabby could hear that caught her off guard. ''Ah fuck, where am I'', Ellie said while slowly putting her hand on her head. Gabby had tears in her eyes while hearing her lovers voice after a long while. ''Fuck my head hurts'', Ellie said in frustration. Gabby rushed over to Ellie with tears of happiness and said , ''Ellie you are awake!!''. ''Gabs you're here?'', Ellie said. ''Of course Ellie, I had been by your side ever since you were in the hospital'', Gabby said. ''I thought you wanted to be alone?'', Ellie said confusingly. ''I regretted what I did Ellie, I really missed you'', Gabby said as she leaned closer to Ellie to give her a kiss on the cheek.

''What did you do to get in this situation?'', Gabby asked. ''I was feeling awful after I got out of the apartment, so I drank my problems away, got drunk and then got into a car crash, that is all I remember'', Ellie said. Gabby looked shocked at Ellie and said, ''Ellie... That is just awful''. ''I'm okay now, right?'', Ellie said while trying to embrace Gabby. ''You don't know how worried I was about you Ellie'', Gabby said while tears filled her eyes. ''Gabs It's okay'', Ellie said while patting Gabby's back. ''I hope I can get out of this hospital already'', Ellie said. ''I hope so too'', Gabby said.

A couple of days later Ellie was finally healthy enough to leave the hospital. They both walked out of the hospital towards their car. ''It's funny how I spent here for so long it's weird to say I'm going home'', Ellie said while laughing. ''I'm just glad you're going back home with me'', Gabby said as she started the car to head home. They rode along the road, Ellie and Gabby could both see the rain. They were both glad to see each other after such a long time. After a while they finally got back to their apartment. Gabby made sure that Ellie was seated on to the couch and said, ''I am going to make us some tea, is that alright for you darling?'', Gabby asked. ''Tea is fine'', Ellie said.

Gabby came back out of the kitchen with two coffee mugs filled with tea. ''Thanks Gabs'', Ellie said while leaning closer to kiss Gabby on the lips. It's been a while since the two kissed each other so this moment was special for both of them. Ellie broke the kiss to say something to Gabby. ''Gabs I just want you to know that if you are upset with me you could tell me, okay?'', Ellie said caringly. ''I will'', Gabby said. ''And also that I love you Gabs'', Ellie said. ''I love you too Ellie'', Gabby said as they kissed each other again.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Notes: 

Part 2, :D 

I just felt a little silly :P

Most of the story was from a request, but also a bit from my friend who loves angst, they wanted that I would kill one of them, but I couldn't because it would be too sad then :D (And depressing).

Honourable mention:

(foto credits, GabellieCEO, Eden)