Chapter 11: Pride parade

(Late Pride month special!)

-slight angst and Jam (with a bit of Jellie friendship!!)

It was early in the morning Gabby and Ellie were both cuddling with each other. Gabby felt the warmth of Ellie's body that laid beside her. Suddenly Gabby received a message on her telephone. Gabby sat up to pick up the phone, but was stopped by groans coming from Ellie. Ellie clung on to Gabby, while Gabby was trying to pick up the phone. ''Baby, you've got to let me go for a second'', Gabby while patting Ellie's head. ''No'', Ellie groaned. Ellie now embraced Gabby more and not letting go. Gabby tried to pick up the phone on another way, she tried to reach the phone by using her free arm. Gabby successfully grabbed the phone and checked her messages. Ellie saw that Gabby was using her phone and placed her head on Gabby's chest to look what Gabby was checking on her phone, while still embracing each other.

Suddenly Gabby sparked and happily shouted, ''Oh my god, It's June!!'', ''You know what that means, Ellie?!?''. ''No?'', ''I can't really remember why June is so special''. Ellie said confusingly. ''It's Pride Month!!'', Gabby shouted. ''Oh Yeah, almost forgot'' Ellie said. ''How could you forget something like this?'', Gabby asked. ''Oh, it's just that I've got a lot of other things on my mind and then I forget such big things, I'm sorry'', Ellie said as she apologized. ''Sweetie, you don't have to apologise, I know you're always busy'', Gabby said as she hugged Ellie. ''Thanks, my love'', Ellie said as Ellie also hugged Gabby. Gabby gave Ellie a kiss on her head and Ellie also gave a kiss, but on Gabby's cheek. Gabby had let go of Ellie and said, ''We could do pride stuff and maybe go to the pride parade that they are holding today, only if you want?''. ''I would like that'', Ellie said as she gave Gabby a peck on the lips.

Gabby stood up and said, ''I'm going to get ready then''. ''Okay'', Ellie said as Gabby walked out of their room to go shower. Ellie chose to pick up her normal clothing: turquoise blouse, a grey vest and a darkish skirt. After a while Gabby got out of the shower and dressed herself. Gabby walked over to the bedroom where Ellie currently is. ''Hey Gabs, what do you actually mean about 'pride stuff'?'', Ellie asked. ''I guess it's just doing silly things to celebrate pride month'', Gabby said as she picked up a pin with the lesbian flag. ''That's fine with me'', Ellie said. ''Don't you have like pins or flags?'', Gabby asked as she puts the pin on her sweater. ''I think that I have a flag, but it has been collecting dust for years now'', Ellie said as she chuckled. ''Let's go find it then, you can't go to a pride parade without something'', Gabby said as she grabbed Ellie's hand to go find the flag.

They first go towards their closet. ''I thought that I had put the flag inside a box, so we need to search in boxes'', Ellie said as she grabbed a box out of the closet. Gabby had grabbed many boxes out of the closet to search for the flag. After a while Ellie stopped searching and said, ''Hey Gabs, maybe I can go to the parade like this because the flag is impossible to find''. ''Don't give up now, Ellie!'', Gabby said as she searched further. After a while Gabby came happily inside the bedroom, because Gabby had searched for boxes in the living room and then found the flag. ''Look what I found, Ellie!!'', Gabby said happily as she held out the bisexual flag. ''That's great Gabs'', Ellie said as a smile grew on her face. ''While searching I also found face paint of the bisexual and lesbian flag'', Gabby said as she puts the lesbian face paint on her right cheek. Gabby gave the other face paint to Ellie, and Ellie had put the bisexual face paint on her left cheek.

After Ellie had put the face paint on Gabby came closer to kiss Ellie on the lips. Ellie broke the kiss and said, ''I have such an amazing girlfriend''. ''That's kind of gay'', Gabby said jokingly. ''Your also gay, Gabs'', Ellie said. ''I love you'', Gabby said as she gave Ellie a peck on the lips. ''I love you too'', Ellie said as she stroked Gabby's left cheek. ''I have a question for you'', Gabby said. ''What's the question?'', Ellie said. ''How did you actually find out that you're bisexual?'', Gabby asked. Ellie's face quickly went from happy to sad. ''When I was in high school I had my first ever boyfriend, but he was not the best and I don't want to talk about that further'', ''After my first boyfriend I had this massive crush on a girl and with help of the internet I found out that I was bisexual'', Ellie said kind of in a sad tone. ''I'm sorry that I brought this question up'', Gabby said while trying to comfort Ellie. ''It's okay Gabs, I wanted you to know that story if I was ready to talk about it'', Ellie said. ''That's okay! But shouldn't we be going to the parade right about now?'', Gabby said. ''Oh yeah that's right'', Ellie said.

Ellie and Gabby both rushed out of their apartment to go towards the location where the parade takes place. When they arrived at the parade they saw the whole street filled with people with many flags. ''You two are also here?'', a deep voice said behind Ellie and Gabby. Ellie looked behind her to see a tall black-haired man with scars with a gay flag used as a cape. ''Hey Tommie, we also wanted to come to the parade and that's why we're here!!'', Gabby said happily. Behind Tom there was standing a blue-haired man also with a gay flag used as a cape. ''That's great, because me and Jake also wanted to go for so long'', Tom said. ''Hey Tom, hey Jake'', Ellie said awkwardly. ''You'', Jake said in a annoyed tone. ''Jake be nice she isn't here to make your life worse so be nice'', Tom said. ''I can agree with Tom'', Ellie said. ''Ellie, please also be nice to Jake'', ''It's not going to fun for everyone if you two keep on fighting'', Gabby said trying to stop the fight between Ellie and Jake. ''I'm sorry Gabs'', Ellie said. ''I'm sorry too, so now let's have fun instead of fighting'', Jake said happily.

The two couples both marched on following the people in front of them. Ellie seemed to be having a great time, even though Jake was here. Gabby was always having a great time with these sorts of things. Jake went over to Ellie and said, ''Hey Ellie, I'm sorry for all the shit I did and I know you wouldn't want to forgive me''. ''It's okay Jake I forgive you but let's not be friends that quickly, just on good terms now'', Ellie said. ''That's alright with me'', Jake said as he walked towards Tom again. Ellie also walked back to Gabby and Gabby looked shocked at what just happened. ''Did you just make up with Jake?'', Gabby said curiously. ''Kind of'', Ellie said as the two reached the end of the parade. ''I'm proud of you, sweetie'', Gabby said as the two sat down together with both of their flags covering them. ''Thanks, Gabs'', Ellie said as the two kissed. ''I love you, Gabs'', Ellie said as she looked in to her girlfriends eyes. ''I love you too, Ellie'', Gabby said as the two kissed again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes:

I'm finally back after having some trouble with writers block, :)

I would like to have some requests to keep on writing :D

honourable mention:

(Foto credits: Chillycocos)