Chapter 15: Expanding the little family (final part trilogy)

(requested by Origami_Tobiichi456)

It has been 2 years ago that Ellie and Gabby got married. During this time Ellie got a job as a fashion designer and Gabby pursued her animal job. The two had been living the best life together, but there was one thing missing. Starting a family together, that's what Gabby has been thinking about. She wasn't sure if Ellie would want the same, so Gabby had to wait for the time when Ellie was also sure about starting a family. But Gabby had to ask first.

It was morning, the sun had already risen. Ellie and Gabby were both cuddling with each other, Gabby acted as a big spoon and Ellie the little spoon. Ellie woke up and positioned herself to see Gabby. Gabby was even beautiful when she slept, at least that's what Ellie thinks. Suddenly Ellie got an idea and grabbed her sketchbook. She was going to draw Gabby while she was sleeping. Ellie began sketching a body and a head, this was supposed to resemble Gabby. But after a while it finally looked a bit like Gabby. Gabby heard some noises, so she woke up to see Ellie aggressively drawing. ''Babe, what are you doing?'', Gabby said. ''I'm just drawing something, sweetheart'', Ellie said as she gave Gabby's forehead a kiss. ''What are you drawing?'', Gabby asked curiously. ''Something'', Ellie said as she looked at her drawing and looked nervously at Gabby. ''What is that something'', Gabby said as she looked curiously at Ellie. Ellie was beginning to get flustered, because it's going to be weird to say you were drawing the person who asked the question. ''Are you still getting flustered around your wife?'', Gabby said. ''Sorry, it's about the drawing'', Ellie said. ''Okay let me see'', Gabby said as she snagged the sketchbook out of Ellie's hands.

''It's not that bad, there is nothing to be flustered about'', Gabby said as she embraced Ellie. ''Okay, but do you like the drawing?'', Ellie asked. ''Like? I love it!'', Gabby said happily. ''I'm very glad to hear that'', Ellie said. ''Hey Ellie, can we maybe talk about something?'', Gabby said. Ellie immediately felt shivers in her body, she was scared about what Gabby wanted to talk about. ''What do you want to talk about?'', Ellie asked. ''Now this is awkward, uhm-'', Gabby said nervously. ''You know that you can tell me anything, sweetheart'', Ellie said as she looked deeply into Gabby's olive coloured eyes. ''I-I-uhm, I w-want to uhm-'', Gabby said, she was now more nervous than before. ''Take your time Gabs'', Ellie said to comfort Gabby. ''I want to start a family with you!'', Gabby said quickly. Ellie looked in shock at Gabby. ''So my question is, do you want the same as me?'', Gabby asked. Ellie was still processing what just happened.

After some thinking and processing Ellie could finally answer the question. ''Gabs, I would love to. But how?'', Ellie said. ''Adoption or the other way'', Gabby said. ''How about we adopt?'', Ellie suggested. ''I would love to Ellie'', Gabby said excitingly. ''Do we need to like prepare or something?'', Ellie asked. ''Yeah, we can use the spare room we have in the house'', Gabby said. ''That's a great idea Gabs'', Ellie said as she hugged Gabby. ''Then we can start preparing today and maybe some days later we can go to an orphanage or adoption centre!'', Gabby said happily. ''Okay, but first cuddles'', Ellie said as she embraced Gabby and kissed her. ''Yeah first cuddles!'', Gabby said as the two cuddled.

After a while of sweet cuddling the two decided to have breakfast. Ellie made breakfast while Gabby made a list of things they should get from stores. The list consisted of: a bed, a closet, some cupboards and beneath all of those items there stood: 'toys?'. After a while Ellie came to Gabby with two plates in her hands. ''Here you go. Wait did you make a list of things?'', Ellie said. ''Yep, we could go to some stores after breakfast'', Gabby said as she began eating her breakfast. ''Sure, let me see the list'', Ellie said as Gabby handed the list to Ellie. ''That's everything we need!'', Ellie said as she also began eating. After some time they both finished their breakfast. ''Where are we going to go now?'', Ellie asked. ''Maybe Ikea?'', Gabby said. ''Sure'', Ellie said.