Chapter 19: Bartender AU

Ellie was known for her quietness and anti-social personality. She lives in New York in an apartment with her roommate, Jake. Ellie is currently working as a bartender and as a waitress. But her bartender job was longer than her work as a waitress. Ellie was trying to save up money to change her life for the better.

Ellie woke up to the sounds of Jake cooking. Ellie walked out of her room to see Jake cooking for once in his lifetime. ''El! Good morning'', Jake said. ''I'm surprised to see that you are cooking for yourself'', Ellie said. ''Yeah I know'', Jake said. ''I'll just eat an energy bar and some water on the way to work'', Ellie said as she looked inside the cabinets for the food. Ellie had an habit of skipping breakfast. ''Start the car and I will be there in a second'', Jake said. Ellie and Jake were indeed colleagues, that's how they met at first and now there roommates and good friends. ''Sure, but I'm not waiting for you if you are late'', Ellie said as she grabbed the car keys and headed out of the apartment. After a while Ellie started worrying about Jake, because he was indeed late again. After some time Jake finally came running to the car and hesitantly opened the car door. ''Sorry I'm late'', Jake said. Ellie was visibly annoyed by Jake being late again.

''How can you be late again?!?!'', Ellie said loudly as she drove. ''I'm quite the slow eater Ellie'', Jake said. ''Fuck you, our boss is going to be so upset'', Ellie said angrily. ''At least I'm not the only person who he could be upset about'', Jake said as he grinned. ''I hate you'', Ellie said. ''I love you too El'', Jake said as he laughed. The two then soon arrived at the coffee shop where they worked at. Jake worked behind the counter while Ellie worked as a waitress. After a while a tall man with dark hair came in and Ellie saw how Jake gushed over that guy. ''Hello can I please have a donut and maybe some coffee?'', the man said with his deep voice. ''S-Sure'', Jake said awkwardly. After a minute Jake gave the man his donut and coffee and then the man left. Ellie went over to Jake and leaned over the counter. ''Do you like that man?'', Ellie said as she smirked. ''He's incredibly sexy, I mean hot, shit I meant pretty'', Jake stumbled over his words. Ellie just smirked at Jake and snickered a bit.

After a while Ellie and Jake both were done with their shifts and quickly headed home. When they arrived at their apartment Jake immediately plopped down on the couch. ''El what are you doing tonight?'', Jake asked. ''I'm going to my other job at the bar, remember?'', Ellie said as she headed towards her bedroom to change. Ellie had to always dress fancy for her bartending job. After a while Ellie went out of her bedroom and said, ''Jake I'm going now, so you'll have to eat dinner alone''. ''Okay, but why do you have so many jobs, like what'', Jake said. ''I need money, so I can finally live better Jake, but you wouldn't understand'', Ellie said as she walked towards the door. ''Bye El then'', Jake said. ''Bye'', Ellie said as she opened the door. Ellie always walks towards the bar. While walking she grabbed a cigarette and lit it. When she arrived at the bar she put her cigarette out and walked in on the most busiest bar ever. Ellie stood still with a huge shock on her face. ''Fuck, you have to be kidding me'', Ellie said quietly.

Ellie then walked towards the counter where her co-worker was working. ''Thanks Ellie for taking over the shift, it's really busy but I'll be gone for 5 and then come back to help you'', the co-worker said. ''Okay, have a nice break'', Ellie said. ''Thanks'', Ellie's co-worker said as she walked out of the bar. After a while of serving people a odd person walked in, the woman sat down by the countertop and caught Ellie's attention. ''What can I get you?'', Ellie asked. ''Just a water please'', the woman said with a noticeable accent. ''Okay, may I ask what a lady like you is doing here at this busy bar?'', Ellie said. ''I actually don't know why I came here, but I think because of the vibe that was coming from here'', the woman said while laughing a bit. ''That's a bit odd but fine, let me go get your water. On the house'', Ellie said with a smile. ''Thank you so much'', the woman instantly lighted up. After a minute Ellie gave the woman her water and continued serving the other people.