Chapter 23 Intervention

Outside everyone was gathered around the entrance of the ziggurat, still wounded from their battles. Lydie and Axel hurried up the stairs as Fenrir carried the unconscious Phoebe. Pike turned seeing the two half elves along with the dire wolf with the human on his back. 

"Hey, you're back." she said, then looks down finding Phoebe still unconscious,  "And what is she doing here."

Cassandra's eyes widened in shock, "Phoebe!" she hurriedly rushed over to Fenrir, "Is she going to be okay."

"Well, since her soul was trapped in that pendant for so long it might be a few hours until she can be fully recovered." Axel responded. Cassandra sighed relieved, "Ah, and I see you're not under Suck-faces spell." he said turning to Vax.

Vax chuckled, "Very funny."

 Lydie opened her mouth when suddenly she hears loud banging. She looks over to find Percy slamming his shoulders into the wall and bangs his pepper box against it. "What's going--"

Before she could finish her question Percy snaps, "Open the door! I need to get in there now!" Lydie could swore she could hear another person talking along with Percy.

Grog stepped in and holds Percy's hand, "Take it easy. She ain't going nowhere." 

Lydie turned to Axel as he was glaring at her. His eyes flickered to her, 'I'm guessing you have that uneasy feeling too?' Lydie asks him telepathically. 

'Something is possessing Percy.' Axel responded.

'Are you sure?' 

'I have my doubts but if I'm correct, I think I might do an exorcism on the spot.' 

Scanlan walks up to the door and peeks thought the slot in the door. "What can you see?" Vex asks him. 

"Uh...You wouldn't believe me if I told you. We got to unlock this door." Scanlan informs them. 

Vax steps forward staring at the door and looks back at them. "I don't suppose anyone has a key?"

Just then, Lydie felt as if her whole body was doused in ice water. Before long the sound of thunder roared in the distance. Lydie turned wondering where the noise came from. They were deep in under Whitestone so they couldn't hear such phenomena. The others began to panic urging Vax to open the lock faster.

"Shut up and let me work. Hold your breath if you can't do anything else." Vax snaps silencing them.

"No matter what, you can do this. We're right behind you." Axel encourages him.

"Plus, the whole world is at stake, so try not to fuck up." Vex added.

"You always know what I need to hear, stubby and Ax." The door clicks as it opens. A gust of wind slither out from the chamber. 

Just then Lydie felt something rush past her. She turned seeing Percy charging through, brushing past the others, "Move aside!" he then bolts into the chambers. The others followed suit. Lydie turned to Fenrir who begins to whimper. She pets the wolf on the head, "Stay out side and guard Phoebe, we'll be right back." she then followed the others seeing Delilah performing some sort of ritual.

The thunder concentrated onto the crystals that kept the current active. Opening a portal high above. 

Percy reloads his weapon and charges, "Delilah!" he calls out. She turns thorn like scars appearing on her face as she glares at him. "Stop!" he shouts as he aims his pepperbox at her. He immediately fires the barrier that protects him, as she drops it a fires dark currents at him. 

Percy slides under the spell and aims his pepperbox once more, "Don't let up." Vax calls out as the others charge into the room, "Give her everything you've got." he calls out.