Part 22

The famous shopping mall in the center of the capital is bustling with people who have come to shop or have dinner. Among them, a group of doctors is meeting for dinner at a renowned Japanese restaurant. However, it seems that the last doctor to arrive, Freen, is being watched by her three closest friends.

"Freen, why did you choose to eat at this shopping mall today?" Heng asked

Heng handed the menu back to the staff after everyone had finished ordering their food.

"I wanted to eat sushi."

"You're lying, Freen. Normally, you don't like coming to the shopping mall," Tee remarked.

"The Japanese restaurants outside are more delicious than the ones in the mall,"

It wasn't just Tee who noticed something off about Freen's behavior; the other two doctors also agreed.

"You've been acting suspicious lately, Freen."

"So, have you asked Becky why she broke up with you yet?"

Despite the food being served, Heng's curiosity persisted.

"I haven't asked."

"Then how do you know this? Are you okay with getting back together with Becky?"

The three friends continued to ask questions, their mouths full of delicious raw fish, but their curiosity overshadowed their meal.

"The more I ask, the more it hurts. Maybe it's better not to know."

"Ouch! Freen, you're being evasive. I wish I could be like you and not overthink things, so I can get back together with my ex," Tee interjected.

"Enough, Tee. Let's listen to Freen's story. I didn't come here to hear about your girlfriend," Kate quickly intervened, redirecting the conversation. If Tee started talking about her relationship, the dinner would never end.

"Freen, don't you want to ask Becky about the reason for the breakup?" Kate asked.

"I don't think I'll ask unless she tells me herself. And I don't believe that the blonde-haired guy she mentioned is her new boyfriend. There's no evidence that she has ever been with or loved that blonde-haired man," Freen explained.

It wasn't that she didn't want to know the reason, but her intuition told her that Becky still had feelings for her. The way she decorated her room and the photos in her bedroom showed that their love was still alive.

"Blonde-haired guy?"

"The guy Becky told me she was dating while I was busy and we were deeply in love," Freen replied, letting her emotions slip into her words.

"I don't think women who love women can suddenly change their preference to men," Tee commented.

"But you never know. These things are unpredictable,"

Tee's words brought silence to the table. Heng himself had experienced a breakup because his boyfriend started dating a woman. And Freen had been dumped because her girlfriend found love with a blonde-haired man.

"Freen, you said that Becky broke up with you suddenly without any warning signs. I find that strange. When people want to break up, there are usually some suspicious behaviors. My oyfriend became addicted to his phone, started traveling frequently, and became easily annoyed," Heng shared her thoughts.

"Yes, I agree with Dr. Heng," Kate added.

"Becky broke up with me out of the blue. I asked for a reason and begged her not to,"