Special Chapter - 2

It's been almost a week since Becky slept alone, She was disappointed that she hadn't received any greetings from Freen, who was attending a skin disease conference in England for a week. Despite understanding Freen's busy schedule, she had hoped they could celebrate her birthday together as promised. However, the conference invitation had disrupted their plans.

"Becky, what's wrong?"

Nam handed a glass of juice to Becky, who walked away and quietly sat down to rest, lost in her thoughts. Sometimes Becky appeared mature, but when she was with Freen, she would transform into a spoiled kid immediately.

"P'Freen hasn't contacted me at all."

"She's probably busy. You told me that Freen might come back in time for your birthday."

"Maybe. Nam, last night P'Freen mentioned that a former professor wanted to talk to her."

Becky felt a deep sense of loneliness, which was evident in her expression. Despite their busy schedules, Becky and Freen had been inseparable since overcoming their challenges.

They would spend their free time together, with Freen often picking up Becky from work. However, the current situation left Becky feeling isolated and longing for Freen's presence.

"Freen must be busy, Becky."

"I know, but I want P'Freen to be with me on my birthday."

Perhaps it was because they had just reconciled after a period of estrangement. That's why she wanted Freen to be with her on such an important day. If there hadn't been a conference in the middle of it, they might have already gone shopping together to prepare for their celebration.

RINGG!!

"There's a call coming in. I think it's P'Freen."

Nam watched as Becky got up and found a quiet corner to answer the call, a smile on her face. Becky had complained here and there, but whenever Freen called, her smile would light up the room, sometimes annoyingly so.

On the other end of the phone, Becky pleaded as soon as she heard that Freen might not be able to fly back as planned. She wanted Freen to come back quickly.

Freen mentioned the research results they had discussed and expressed her desire for Freen to join the study team. If the research turned out successful and she passed the exam, Freen would not only have the title of "female Doctor" but also other prestigious names.

*******Associate Professor Freen Sarocha, M.D.

"Yes, P'Freen, I understand. Please come back soon. I miss you."

The thin phone was put away, but Becky remained still, not moving towards the filming area. She might be feeling disappointed, even though she was glad that Freen could advance in her career, as she had mentioned before.

"Becky, the director is calling you for the scene."

"Okay, Nam."

On the other side of the world, Freen removes her suit after finishing a conversation with a doctor who had imparted so much knowledge to her. The words had persuaded her to reconsider returning to teaching at the university and to engage in the upcoming research work, awaiting her agreement.

Freen approaches the two glasses of water placed side by side. She adjusts their positions, ensuring that they are perfectly aligned. Since staying in this hotel, which may be slightly away from the conference venue, she preferred the privacy it offered rather than sharing a room with other participants.