Part 6

Flashback

The beautiful coat was tightened on her thin body to keep out the wind and snow and ensure her body was warm. Her face was full of smiles. The weather outside was very cold, and there's a few people walking on the road. She walked faster while holding food in her hand because she wanted to get home before her lover.

This was her first Valentine's Day with her girlfriend. She started cooking a special meal for tonight. She opened the cookbook and followed all the cooking steps. She studied abroad because her parents wanted her to. They supported her decision to study abroad because they believed it would be good for her future. They didn't know that living abroad could be very lonely. But she wanted to thank her parents for sending her here because she met her lover here.

"Will my girlfriend like my food?" she wondered.

If she doesn't like it, I will force her to like it. I will make her insist on telling me that it is delicious," she continued, talking to herself and answering her own thoughts.

She smiled while thinking about her girlfriend, Freen, who owned her heart. They had been dating for almost a year, and Freen was still as kind to her as she was on the first day. Freen had only kissed her, even though they had been in a relationship for almost a year. When she asked Freen why, the answer was because she, Becky, had not yet reached the legal age. However, today was different from the previous days because Becky had turned 20 years old several months ago.

She looked at her watch again, and the special meal was finished on time. She still had time to arrange other things. She looked around the room and felt very embarrassed because Freen never allowed her to spend the night here, even though they lived in the same apartment. Freen only allowed her to visit and spend time together.

The room was neat and clean, and the bed sheets were not wrinkled. Sometimes she couldn't believe that Freen was so clean and tidy like this. Every time she was here, she knew that Freen wasn't pretending to be a clean and tidy person.

"I'm going to take a shower and wait for P'Freen," she said to herself.

Freen looked at her watch and was worried about her girlfriend because she was about an hour late, even though there were still many patients waiting for treatment. She was exhausted after a nurse told her that a professor was waiting for her in her office. Usually, she enjoyed learning new things and experiences, but today was an important day where she had to finish her work on time.

"Will my love be sad or angry when I get home late? She's always sad and angry," she wondered.

She kept the gift box in her pocket before walking to the professor's room, as a nurse was chasing her again. The nurse might also want to get home on time.

The shops around the street were beautifully decorated because of Valentine's Day. Freen opened the door after being about two hours late. Becky was probably very angry right now.

Her lover was sleeping on the sofa in front of the television, probably waiting for Freen.

Freen gently touched her hair and whispered, 

"Bec, I'm here."

"P'Freen..." 

Becky woke up and touched Freen's hand, which was touching her face. Becky was still angry because she had waited for almost two hours. Becky closed her eyes again and turned her back to Freen.

Freen knew that she was a little sad and angry, but she tried to calm down and explain the reason. Freen sat on the sofa, lay down, and hugged her lover from behind.

"I'm sorry. I've been very busy today. I didn't forget our promise." 

Freen's lips gently touched Becky's shoulder.  Becky was always angry and sad, but Freen found it endearing because it meant that Becky cared about her.