Part 28

'I have some urgent matters to discuss with you. See you at home, my daughter.'

Her mother's request mixed with orders made, Freen cancel her date with Becky. She wasn't sure when she would finish talking with her parents, so she didn't want Becky to wait without knowing when they would meet.

Freen handed over a briefcase and gown to the housekeeper before noticing some unfamiliar cars in the driveway. Her parents probably had guests coming.

"My parents have a guess, Mali?"

"Yes, but I don't know who he is, Dr. Freen,"

"It's okay, there's no need to prepare water for me. I won't be soaking in the water today."

"But Lady told me to prepare milk for you so that your skin will be beautiful."

"That's alright. I'll talk to mom myself."

Freen asked the housekeeper to keep the documents and made her way to the living room, as her mother had said she could enter once she got home.

As she entered the living room, the sound of adults talking and laughing greeted Freen. She adjusted her expression and greeted the adult sitting with her mother, who turned out to be Dr. Krik's mother. She paid her respects, even though she had questions about her mother's intentions of pairing her with Dr. Krik.

"Hello, uncle and aunt."

"Have you just arrived, Freen? Please come and talk to uncle and auntie."

"Mommy..."

"When Krik arrives, we can have dinner together, child."

Her mother didn't seem to care about her resistance, but Freen couldn't refuse and let her mother lose face in front of the guests.

Freen had no choice but to sit down and engage in conversation with the smiling adults. Although she felt uncomfortable, she had learned to be patient from dealing with patients and could handle her emotions well.

However, the conversation often veered into personal matters, making Freen even more uncomfortable. She wanted to disappear from the living room, but her mother's hand on her leg prevented her from doing so. She was visually scolded when she didn't answer questions from the important family guests.

Talking in the living room was already uncomfortable, but it was nothing compared to having to eat dinner next to a man she didn't like. Freen even contemplated getting up and leaving, but it would be considered rude in front of the adults.

The dinner became a meal she could hardly eat. While the adults enjoyed the meal, Freen's patience was wearing thin. Her mother urged Dr. Krik to continue serving her food, and her plate was filled with all kinds of food.

"I can choose what I want to eat myself, Krik."

"I'm sorry, Freen," Dr. Krik's smile only irritated Freen further.

She initially thought that this man must have sensed her rejection. Their relationship couldn't develop as the adults hoped, but he acted as if nothing had happened, even though he probably knew it himself. Why did he still want to get close to her like this?

"I'm not a disabled person and I am able to scoop food for myself."

"I know, but I want to serve my future fiancée."

Dr. Krik smiled at the beautiful young P'Freen he had fallen in love with. Even though he knew there was little chance she would reciprocate his feelings, he had the support of both families. He was determined to make the beautiful female P'Freen, who everyone admired, look at him.