(XXXI)

🎧 wish you were gay ★ Billie Eilish

Hyeongjun and Seungmin were next to each other. The former stood up, he had enough of the silence. It was stressing him out. The older boy noticed the sudden and rapid movements, so he stood up to try and calm his crush. The introvert was pacing around nervously.

"What's wrong Jun?" Seungmin took his arm so that he would stop walking around. The younger boy looked at him for a couple of seconds. "Why is it, that we can never be normal as friends!" Hyeongjun exclaimed out of frustration. Seungmin was confused by what he said, he thought that maybe the younger boy found out about his feelings.

"Now that there's absolutely nothing to stop us, we're extremely awkward" Hyeongjun sounded rather disappointed. He looked like he was on the verge of tears. He seemed desperate for the two to actually be friends.

"Geez, I never thought I'd see you like this" Seungmin took him by the arm. They looked at each other for a couple of seconds, before the older boy pulled him closer. He awkwardly wrapped his arms around the boy's body. Hyeongjun rested his head on Seungmin's shoulder, but didn't hug him back. "Things will go well, it'll just take time" He whispered comfortingly in his ear. Hyeongjun nodded, looking out the window of Seungmin's room.

After a good minute of hugging, well mostly just Seungmin embracing the younger boy. Hyeongjun separated from him to sit back down, next to where his acquaintance was sitting.

Seungmin joined him right afterwards; they stayed there in silence, once again. There was always this silence that was bound to fill the room any time the two were alone. By the way things were going, they were thinking that this would be the state they'd always have for the rest of their friendship.

"I want to come out to my father" Seungmin finally spoke up to make the heavy atmosphere leave. Hyeongjun quietly gasped before he nodded. It took a couple of seconds for him to answer, as he didn't want to say anything insulting.

"But I think he might not support me" He continued before Hyeongjun was able to say anything. He observed Seungmin's face for a couple of seconds, noticing how sad he looked by the fact.

"What happens if he doesn't support you?" Seungmin looked at the floor. He bit his lower lip, unsure by his answer. And clearly not wanting to admit the truth.

"I'll probably be disowned" He said after a long silence. They already knew the answer would be that, but didn't want to say it out loud.

"What will you do if that happens?" Hyeongjun quickly regretted asking that, as the question was a bit too personal, especially for how close they were to each other. Which wasn't very.

"I'll try to find a place to stay" Seungmin shrugged, he still wasn't very sure. He didn't think about the future too much, as he still hadn't come out.

"Moments like these make me glad that I'm straight- if that's not insensitive" Seungmin chuckled, he found Hyeongjun's answer pretty cute. They then fell silent again for a couple of seconds.

"It's not, I'm happy for you" Hyeongjun looked around the room afterwards, he checked the digital clock on the bedside table and brutally stood up.

"Sorry Seungmin, I really got to go! I'm really sorry!" Hyeongjun exclaimed while walking backwards. He almost fell back because of the way he was walking. Seungmin followed him, not wanting the guitarist to harm himself while leaving. He handed the younger boy his jacket and put it on the shelf at the entrance while waiting for Hyeongjun to put on his shoes.

"You'll tell me how things go! Right?" Hyeongjun asked right before leaving the house. Seungmin nodded and felt a soft smile form on his face.

"Get home safe!" Seungmin said, while watching Hyeongjun walk out, on the street. He couldn't help but notice how attracted he looked in that moment. Even more than usual. He felt his heart shatter when remembering that Hyeongjun could never be, what he'd call "his".

-----

A/n

I should've thought of using this song earlier but I think it works brilliantly with this part!
Also go stream boy comics!

-Jude out!

03.06.24