forty one

"i can only imagine the look on jimin's face when he walks out of his room after their talk," namjoon sighed, shaking his head.

while you and jimin went to his room to talk, the rest of your roommates stayed in their positions on the couches in the living room.

"how are we going to comfort him?" seokjin asked. "we've never dealt with a heartbroken park jimin, have we?"

"we haven't," hoseok said. "all his previous crushes were never serious, and he lost feelings very quickly and on his own. this time, he's basically being rejected."

"i'm sure he'll be heartbroken for a few days," namjoon muttered, shaking his head.

"what about jungkook and taehyung?" yoongi asked, looking at his boyfriends. "these two were just falling. do you two also need a little comfort? are the feelings gone?"

"my crush hadn't really developed," taehyung shrugged. "so i'm not too affected by it. i'm sure whatever feelings were developing are bound to disappear by tonight even."

"ask about my feelings after tomorrow," jungkook sighed, shaking his head. 'oh well.'

unbeknownst to the men in the living room, jimin's heart was anything but heartbroken. why would it be heartbroken when you sat across his lap, fingers tangled in his hair as you two made out? he never imagined being in this position, but here he was. and he loved every second of it, from your vanilla perfume filling his lungs to the taste of your cherry-flavoured lips against his. your body moulded perfectly against his, and everything felt right.

you pulled away first, heavily breathing as you tried to catch your breath.

"fuck, y/n. let's take things slow from here," jimin breathed, pressing his forehead against yours. if he continued, he would do something he didn't want you to regret later. he was quarter to letting his dick take control, but he wanted you to be one hundred percent sure of your feelings before doing anything more than kissing.

"i'm sorry," you whispered, pulling back to put distance between you two, but you couldn't move far. jimin's arm around your back was keeping you close to him. "i don't know what got over me-"

he cut you off with a peck on your lips. "don't apologise, y/n," he told you. "i'm happy you're giving me — us a chance. when you asked to talk, i thought you'd tell me that in-guk was your choice. i was ready to lock myself in here after you left to drown in my sorrows and question why i couldn't keep my damn mouth shut."

"i know. i could tell by the look on your face you were expecting anything but good news," you chuckled before finally deciding to stand up. "thank god you couldn't keep your mouth shut. otherwise, i wouldn't be here, with you, in this position. i know it's rushed, and we just skipped the first steps, but it feels right."

"it does, doesn't it?" he asked, standing up as well, watching you move to his desk to get a closer look at the photos on the shelves. "i think everyone thought this would be the end." he chuckled. he could only guess what kind of conversation his boyfriends were having. "can i tell them you're giving us a chance? or do you want to tell them later yourself?"

"i'm sure they'll be dying of curiosity," you said, picking up the picture frame of jimin holding up a peace sign while seokjin and namjoon kissed his cheeks. "there's no reason not to tell them, but i'm not telling them. i'll be a blushing mess while i try to get the words out of my mouth."

"alright," he nodded, walking to you. "are you going to come with me to the living room?"

"nope, i'm going to go upstairs, get this makeup off, shower and get into bed. a girl is tired and needs some sleep," you sighed, rolling your shoulders. "and about our situation..."